Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

250R vs BANSHEE

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

since noone else has adressed the guy with the 48hp stock banshee lol id just like to ask him to hook me up with a dealer in never never land so i to might obtain a 48hp banshee off the floor on the title i got with mine said 41 and i think that may be a tad high the 250r "info gotten on the honda site!'" 38hp stock

Old 06-12-2002, 06:36 PM
Trailblazer

No...I adressed it already but I am an idiot that should think more before opening my mouth...LOL!!!
Stock 48 horsepower...OMG..LOL!!...suuurrrrreee

A fourwheeler would not lose 15 horsepower going to the wheels anyway...so if it was 48 flywheel it would be somewhere in the 40's for rear wheel...and last time I checked a stock banshee could touch 40 rwhp.

The turning of the sprocket and weight of the chain/tires and axle...and the friction...would take at the MOST 5 horsepower.

WYODUNER, looks like your wrong, and when was I wrong before? Or should I say wrong according to your false opinions.

Old 06-12-2002, 06:39 PM
Trailblazer

EDIT: The SHEE COULDNT touch 40 rwhp

Old 06-12-2002, 07:11 PM
Range Rover

I HAVE A FRIEND THAT OWNS A BANSHEE AND HE SAID IT HAD 43HP AT THE REAR WHEELS!! I THINK HES FOOLIN ME!! DONT YOU???

Old 06-12-2002, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

My figures for horsepower are correct as to what the manufacturers said for flywheel horsepower. Comparing flywheel horsepower to rear-wheel power and comparing two different machines, ie: the Raptor has 38 rwhp, the Honda R 36 fwhp, doesn't work.
Besides,
the originator of this thread wanted to compare Rs and Banshees. I did so without saying anything bad about either. Like I said, if I couldn't own the two Rs that I have, I'd have Banshees.
And I gotta hand it to Yamaha for continuing to make them.
I've beat Shee's in races and lost to them. I don't care if I win or not.
I'M HAVING A LOT OF FUN AND THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!!

Old 06-12-2002, 08:37 PM
Range Rover

<< I'M HAVING A LOT OF FUN AND THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!! >>

GOOD ANSWER

Old 06-12-2002, 08:56 PM
Trailblazer

I was comparing the SHEE and Raptors RWhp, for the sake of getting a solid flywheel number on the Shee. Hence the Raptors 36 rwhp and since the shee is slower and I have seen documented 34-35 rwhp numbers their is no way...absolutely no way the shee makes 48 flywheel horsepower.

Their is nothing on this earth that would convince me that a stock Banshee makes 48 horsepower (flywheel)...any idiot knows that...case closed.

Also...maybe its just me but I have heard that the flywheel numbers on the new Z400 are mid 35 flywheel and 33 RWHP...and it is faster than a 250R...so I dont know how a 250R makes 38 flywheel...because it doesnt.

Are their any people online that know what they are talking about to back me up here..please.

Old 06-12-2002, 09:01 PM
Trailblazer

TRAPPER- I am not flaming you...it is possible that the manufacturers thing could have said that...wouldnt surprise me. But im sure you know better than that
Anyway...whatever.

Old 06-12-2002, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

I have an 86 trx250r and I ride with a guy that has a FTZ370 long rod shee.The tranny is gone right now getting the override mod done.

Anyway my R is fully set up for mx.A-arms,shocks,tires all that good stuff.I love my bike.It is perfect for me.That is the truth.

I have only ridden 2 banshee's though.One was the FTZ370 and the other a mostly stock one with pipes,carbs and rad valves.Both are awesome machines.The stock one was a blast.Most people say they handle bad.Which I don't think they handle much worse than a 300ex does.And people say they handle great.THe thing about that shee is the power.That is no doubt.If U want an awesome ride that U can barely hang onto.Get the shee.If U want something U can still barely hang onto but play around and race mx with.Get the R.

And that FTZ longrod bike.Runs 4.7 in 300ft.

Old 06-13-2002, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

There's nothing I like more than kids that come on here, half the time don't own a quad, and start spewing out smack like it was quoted by God himself. Adolescent dribble!!! BTW, As I recall my Banshee which I bought new said 45 HP on it for whatever that is worth; my memory could be wrong since this was like 3 years ago. Not that the HP on a title means anything especially since manufacturers are wary of putting too high of a number on there for fear of retaliation from those that are not ATV friendly.

Look at the recent ATV sport RWHP dyno runs of a STOCK Banshee that turned up over 41 peak HP. Other dyno runs show 37 peak HP.. Who to believe, I don't know but I do know for a fact that the Banshee produces more HP than a 250R stock for stock; modded is a pointless discussion. This was the question that was posted.

You cannot compare flywheel and wheel HP just the same as you cannot compare HP numbers from 2 dynos. There are some fairly standard numbers that you can factor in for losses between flywheel and wheel HP; around 20% or so if I recall correctly but still it's not a constant.

z400man - So saying that you seen a Raptor (who asked about Raptors anyway???) dyno at 36 HP and (according to I-don't-own-a-z400man) a Raptor is faster that means that a Banshee is NO WHERE NEAR 48 FLYWHEEL HP. Do you see the flaw in this equation??? If not, then there's no use in trying to educate you. Also, because somebody comes on here and semi-agrees with you doesn't make me wrong. Understand? Just because I agree with trapperb1 doesn't necessarily make us right either - it just so happens that we ARE correct. Probably because we have been involved inthis sport for a lot longer than most of the wannabes on here have been alive. BTW, you need to re-think how you perceive wheel and flywheel HP. It's not just the friction of the chain/sprockets/bearings but also the friction of the gearbox, weight and inertia of the wheels, etc. It's not a fixed value either - it is proportional to HP made and RPM to a large degree. Like I said - think before you type.

&quot;Also...maybe its just me but I have heard that the flywheel numbers on the new Z400 are mid 35 flywheel and 33 RWHP...and it is faster than a 250R...so I dont know how a 250R makes 38 flywheel...because it doesnt&quot; Well, if you heard it somewhere on the internet it MUST BE TRUE and worthy as advertising as being a FACT.

&quot;Are their any people online that know what they are talking about to back me up here..please.

Don't hold your breath. Your opinions are &quot;rectally derived&quot; to put it mildly.

I'm done with you. Later.

Lancer202, 43 RWHP on a Banshee is VERY easy to acheive. Just add pipes to a stock banshee and improve the air filter/intake airflow and rejet. So, no I don't think he's fooling you unless his machine is BONE stock.

Quick Reply: 250R vs BANSHEE