Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

400ex or z400

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<< the main thing now is speed anyone able to help me with that >>

I can! Get a 400ex, and if you want more speed, jet it, get a pipe and there ya go!! Like MAGIC!!

Old 06-17-2002, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider

Yep...us 400ex guys can brag about reliability, AND handling. Sure we may not have the &quot;fastest&quot; quad out there, but you drag your cannondale, suzuki, or raptor, or whatever out on the trails, and I seriously doubt that any one of those bikes will be any &quot;faster&quot; than a 400ex, 300ex, blaster, warrior, or mojave. You can only go so fast on the trails. The 400ex has plenty of power to get you up the hills and over obstacles, as do the other bikes listed above. Isn't riding atv's supposed to be fun, and not a big pissing match between one brand and another? If you're lucky enough to own a quad (or for most of the people here....have your mommy and daddy buy you one)...then go out and ride and have fun. If all you want to do is drag race, you are really going to get bored with riding...but I guess as long as you're going fast, that's all that really matters. I ride in the dunes with cannondales, DS650's, raptors, 250R's, etc.... I figure as long as you can make it to the top of the hill, and back to camp after a long day of riding, that's all that really matters. I've never been a Suzuki fan, and probably never will...but I will admit they are faster than my quad. But, think of it this way, if you were going to buy a car would you get a Honda or Suzuki??? The same companies and engineers design their quads and motorcycles. I'm sure this will start a big flame...so flame on!!!

Old 06-17-2002, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

atvconnection aint nothing BUT Flames!!! Thats all I ever see on here. I rarely come here anymore, due to all the kids on this site and the flaming! I get alot better useful information and alot less flaming from EXriders.com forums!! Its alot better in there...

Old 06-17-2002, 04:03 PM
Trailblazer

Personally I would run out and buy what ever is newer and trendy that gives us out of date guys something to buy cheap!!

Old 06-17-2002, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

<< atvconnection aint nothing BUT Flames!!! Thats all I ever see on here. I rarely come here anymore, due to all the kids on this site and the flaming! I get alot better useful information and alot less flaming from EXriders.com forums!! Its alot better in there... >>

REALLY??? You are the one who started flying off the handle. This was a nice normal thread until YOU came on here and started flipping out on everybody.

&quot; ...you need to shut your hole cuz you cant judge a quad if you never even rode one!!&quot;

&quot;(sigh) KIDS!!! You cant get nothing through their thick heads!!

&quot;I get alot better useful information and alot less flaming from EXriders.com forums!! Its alot better in there...&quot;

Stay on EXriders, no complaints here.

Old 06-17-2002, 07:51 PM
GTV
Range Rover

Lets face it guyes, what we want ain't out there, untill it is, we have to compromise.

We can buy the best most reliable quad out there, the EX, and compromise on power.

Or get a Z, good handeling, little quicker, gamble on reliability, that is our only choice.

I have to have a new quad now! And as good as honda has been to me for 24yrs, I can't bring myself to buy the EX when I know the Z is faster.

So all I can do now is buy the Z knowing I am goeing to take a beating on it in a couple of years when Honda gets with the program!!!!!!!!

Later...

Old 06-17-2002, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

I used to think Honda was all about relaibility too- but I'm starting to doubt that anymore.. I ride with 2 &quot;new'ish&quot; 400ex's, and both have been in the shop several times already- minor stuff mostly, but there have been alot of stuff about them that makes me wonder.

Especially the way it takes em 5 minutes to get them started and stay running [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-17-2002, 08:19 PM
GTV
Range Rover

Well it was time for me and my buddy to up grade from the 300EX, he got the 400EX, that was when people just started talking about the Z, but he stuck with the Honda. I haven't decided yet, probably the Z.

With him on a new EX, and me possibly the Z, I will have a front row seat as to which one holds up. We spend a lot of time rideing so the hours add up quick, time will tell!!!

Later...

Old 06-17-2002, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

Why are you YAMAHA and SUZUKI riders in the HONDA forum anyway? Im not saying that you are not allowed, im just asking...

Old 06-17-2002, 10:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

400ex

Quick Reply: 400ex or z400