Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Can you give me some tips? Wanting to build TRX500R!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you give me some tips? Wanting to build TRX500R!

Hi I'm new to the forum. I have read all the past text on the 500R conversion. I have an '85 ATC 250R. I also have an '86 500R engine in my possesion, can you guess what's next? Ha Ha.

Yeah I want to do the conversion, I would like to know if anybody has solved the vibration problem. I need to see pictures of the installation, fabricated mounts, good ideas, bad ideas ect. I would like to see pictures of the damage caused by this installation if anybody has them, you never know what you can learn untill you see the real thing.... Not just pictures of the whole bike, I want to see the fabrication.

The 500R I have runs, but I am doing an overhaul anyway. I will be contacting Crank Works in Az to get my crank and flywheel balanced (Also I will be searching to see if I can't find a place that will counter balance the crank, or fabricate a new one that is counter balanced. Any suggestions????). I still want to operate on AvGas, so I will not be building the engine too hot. I just want to spank my friends on their new 450's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Also I have some friends with 520cc+ Banshees, I want in the club, it's fun.

I need some reliability though, I go on rides in the dessert. I need to know that the bike can make a three hour round trip.

I refuse to belive that the vibration/cracked frame problem cannot be resolved. I've heard of silicone in the frame, gusseted mounts and frames, oversized tubing, balanced crank and flywheel, hard mounts, soft mounts, and the list goes on.... The engine works in the dirt bike frame. I have that at my disposal also. I will be taking a look at the frame engineering and applying that technology to the mounts I come up with.... I am however completly open to any better ideas or suggestions.

The ATC 500R is a monster that is often dreamed about, I want to make it a reality. Can anyone give me some insight?

Old 12-29-2007, 02:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

Kso. Do you know where this Alan Logsdon was originally from? See, this might seem dumb and immature, but my biological father goes by the name Alan Logsdon....

If I could get some backround information from either you or WiCkEd500, that would be spectacular.

Old 03-02-2008, 01:25 AM
Trailblazer

hey, either of you get yours built yet?