Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

auto clutch vs manuel clutch

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've hierd of it and some of the new high performance machines on the drawing board are being designed with them. It's a centrafugal add on that will allow you to stopp in gear but use a clutch while shifting gears. I understand it's up in the air weather they use them or not. It is also a splitting hair issue that a auto or hybrid clutch would be a, how do you say, faster accellerating quad than a manual clutch quad. But this issue has been killed time and time again because of consumer demand. I personally like both and could care less. I build my own engines, trannies and custom the chassis no matter what they sell, well don't we all?

Kawasakiguy,
As far as the question you asked goes. This is my first auto clutch jobber and I can say, woods technical or woods racing the auto clutch is better bar none. I woods raced for oh about 17 years with a manual clutch and the auto is much better. I mx race a lakota and it stinks for that unless you get a bunch of sprockets and size up for every track you go to.

Thier is a time and place for both, I realy would like to go back to a manual clutch due to even at 40 years old I pretty much only race. So, ya know, old dog new trick thing if ya all know what I mean. But bar none the auto works much better in woods racing than a manual does.

Old 07-11-2002, 02:23 AM
Trailblazer

thanx for your help guys.. i can see wat you mean by auto clutch better for techinal stuff it would be kinda a hassel but i like riding in open areas better so im gonna get the kfx 400 but on the techinal stuff ill just borrow my dads lakota lol.. then ill have the best of two worlds

Old 07-11-2002, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

Good choice. I bet you will not even want to ride your dads bike unless you need to go down the street for something.