Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Honda 250x Rules! Philosophies from an experienced upgrader !

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda 250x Rules!

I dug up some old pictures of mine from 1991 when I owned a Honda 250x. I drove that quad pretty hard and I never had a single problem. I was very happy with it in terms of performance and desired nothing more. I think when I continued to buy faster quads and quads with more features I got spoiled. I think I got caught up in the "bigger and better phenomenon". I almost wish I had never gone for the bigger and better theory. I was very content with the 250x. Now I am considering buying a kfx700. When does it end?

My Point is that I want to go back to being content and happy with excellent products and get away from continually upgrading. This is easier said than done once you get used to the extra power/features, etc. The same holds true for cars and houses, you can take my word for that.

Anyone else have the same thoughts?

Old 02-24-2003, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Honda 250x Rules! Philosophies from an experienced upgrader !

Yeah, I know what you mean. I keep thinking I am going to buy a new banshee since they are going to stop production. I keep telling myself I will leave it stock. Then I think of the three sets of aftermarket pipes just laying there in my shop unused, and the filters, ignitions, heads, carbs, intakes, etc that will fit on it that are just laying there collecting dust as spare parts. All of these parts are previous upgrades that have since been upgraded! The same is true with my trucks. I started with a hydraulic cammed 429CI then went to 460 with solid lift. Now I have a 521 with billet steel crank, custom solid roller cam, 6.8" Oliver rods, custom JE pistons, FRPP heads and intake, custom C&S dominator, etc.

Old 02-24-2003, 03:08 PM
Range Rover

The fun of owning something is always getting something better. I have always added to my cars and I always tell myself I will keep it stock. I bought a 1994 Civic for a winter car and stored my 91 Camaro. I sold my camaro(which had about $10,000 in mods) to buy a house so then I ended up adding a set of lights to the car. Next thing you know I am driving a 1986 Tempo that sounds like a cement mixer while the Honda sits in my driveway under 10' of snow hahha. Funny to look out and see my civic (old winter beater) with Neuspeed suspension, 17's, custom paint and the list goes on. I just have this need to go faster and handle better...it is a sickness that I love but my wallet hates.

I just bought an 85 suzuki 230 Quad Sport with a 250X motor in it and I am already thinking about how to make it faster and I am just a novice rider. It is a big step up from my 185s days [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] hahaha

Changing and making things better and faster is what separates us from the women!

Old 02-25-2003, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my first quad was a brand new Suzuki Quadrunner 4x4.... I loved it... then I bought a 250X also....
then I sold them both and bought a 400EX... now I want a Raptor, but can't afford it at the moment... and by the time I can afford it, the new Honda Sport quad should be out, and I will just HAVE to have one of those.... and of-course there's always the thought of a Grizzly or Rincon with a big wheel kit on it that crosses my mind every now and then

if only I was rich[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2003, 03:12 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

The first Quad that I really spent any time on was a Recon. It was fun, but I needed more (You know what I mean). So I bought a Lakota Sport, put a pipe on it, jetted it and modded the airbox. Then I started looking at the Z400's. I told the wife, I wanted one for the sand, and that I was going to keep the Lakota for riding the trails. Well I ended up getting the KFX400 (Liked the Green better) and once I rode it, I couldn't stand to ride the Lakota any more. It simply felt too slow. Now I am awaiting the arrival of my KFX700. Looking back, I'm not real sure how I got to this point. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

To make matters Worse, I am starting to do the same thing with my Wife's Quads and she really doesn't care if what she rides is fast, just as long as it Starts and Looks Pretty. But I can't help myself, so she is going to get an LTZ250 when they come out. After that, who knows???

Hey, what can I say, "I'm Sick, I need HELP!!!"

P.S. Been thinking a lot lately about getting a Kick A** 250R. Somebody STOP ME!!!