Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Question for Rinconeers.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 10:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Rinconeers.

Dude
U could not have said it any better. The rincon is untouchable. If You own one U dont know. I love mine. I tow all kinds of sh*t with mine. It is the Suv of forwheelers and one hell of a workhorse.

Old 04-01-2003, 10:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey ramblinman
I put a 4000 pound warn winch on my rincon and about a week ago I strapped the back of my bike to a tree and pulled a dulley out of a mud hole. then turned my rincon around and pulled it the rest of the way no problem. ( I also have Itp 589 all the way around so that helped alot. i will say that the tires that came with mine where not for pulling ( no traction at all)

Syco out

Old 04-01-2003, 10:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

Buy a rincon man u will be very happy like i said i pulled a snow salt spreader and had no problem.

Old 04-01-2003, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

I will put my 03 500i against your 650 rincon anyday!

Go see what wins the ATV pulls, i will tie bumper to bumper with you any day

Ive done it to the sp700 660 grizz and p650.
Not knocking the hondas They are a great machine,will be around alot longer than any others. Its just hard to beat a locked 03 500 Cat, They have alot of low end torque for pulling not to mention the towing limits campared to others

Old 04-01-2003, 11:31 PM
Trailblazer

sycorider, thanks for the info. I am impressed. I haven't had the opportunity for anything really heavy yet, but neither have I put the tires on yet that would handle too much pulling in mud. Still running the stocks and all they are good for is lots of fast doughnuts.

Old 04-01-2003, 11:33 PM
Trailblazer

oh yeah Gerard, I am laughing looking back at my post about the 800 lbs of pig slop. I was just getting my heated point across. LOL. I didn't really think you were dealing with slop.

Old 04-02-2003, 09:55 AM
Trailblazer

sycorider -- I have been thinking of putting 589's on my Rincon. What size do you run on yours. I have 27 inch Blackwater's that are nine inchs wide on mine now, and don't have any gripes, but they are three years old and show a little wear now. Good riding.

Old 04-02-2003, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know why I'm reading a Honda forum, but I am and reading this thread made me want to get on a soap box. I made my decision based on lots of research for what I was looking for. I'm not brand loyal, but bought what I bought because it was the best for me and every review I've ever read rates it above the others in what I was looking for. I do think it's silly that brand loyal people will push what they ride on someone when it's really not in their best interest to own it. Why push a sport/utility quad on a man that uses it to farm? I ride a Prairie 650 and there's not a 4x4 ATV out there that will keep up with it, especially not a Rincon, but I would never tell someone to buy it because I like it so much. But mine won't be as comfortable and may cause me to tire on long trails. If I started riding long trails, the Rincon may fit my needs more. I bought what I bought because it fit MY needs.

If the gentleman who started the thread wanted a Honda and wanted to do farm work, I'd advise him to buy a Rubicon, or if the power wasn't necessary, a Foreman. But why advise someone to buy a recreational leisure quad, with no low range, when it will be used strickly for work? My uncle wanted to know what to buy and he was going to use his to go through thich brush where no trails ever existed. I didn't advise him on a Prairie 650, even though that quad would do the exact same thing. But I advised him on the old proven Honda 400. Since he isn't worried about ride quality, or handling ability, or the ability to outrun anyone, but wanted something that he could depend on and would basically be a tank, then that old work horse is what he wanted. It's basically a tank and the most rugged ATV ever made and would fit his needs perfectly. That old Honda is a simple machine and he would be putting it in places that would be extremely hard on his machine. Mine has more things that can be damaged by trying to drive over trees. I told him what I has the most powerful engine in a 4x4 quad, but it isn't the quad he's looking for.

I'm just on a soapbox about how I see people recommend ATV rides. Very few people will recommend an ATV other than what they ride, even though the person who is asking may have completely different needs.

Old 04-02-2003, 08:55 PM
Trailblazer

Again, thanks to y'all.
I'm still a readin here, and mighty obliged for all the views.

OK, the Rubicon probably would be the smart & practical move.
But if I was smart and practical, my car would be a Toyota,
which it ain't.
It's an Audi allroad 2.5tdi v6 diesel tiptronic.
I reached a point where I need a bit of comfort.
What about the suspension on the Rincon?
There are times my 450 seems determined to shake those nuts off, and I don't mean on the bike, I mean mine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Is the Rincon comfortable?

Old 04-03-2003, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

I didn't mean to come on strong, but brand loyal people irritate me sometimes. As far as comfort, I don't think you will find anything more comfortable than the Rincon. It is supposed to be the most comfortable and best riding ATV made. As far as pulling power, it's not up there with the other big bore machines, but could still pull the load. The load you mentioned could be pulled my most medium to upper size ATVs. I've even seen a wore out 250 Timberwolf push another quad up a slope that was steeper than 1:1 without much trouble. The Rincon could pull the load you mentioned and it is the most comfortable and since you like Honda's, that may be your best bet. My Prairie fits me to T and there isn't an ATV out there that would fit my needs better. But everyone's needs are different.

If all I wanted to do was pull heavy loads, I might consider a Polaris 700. It's very comfortable (not as much as a Rincon) and is extremely strong (much stronger than a Rincon), but not the fastest out there. It's more of a work machine. I have a Polaris that is in constant need of repairs, but I understand the the reliability has drastically improved on the later models. Right now, all brands are pretty dependable. If you have the opportunity, the best thing to do is to go to a dealer and test drive all of the ones you might be interested in. You might hop on the first one and swear it's the best thing you've ever been on and then get on another one and find out that it's even better.

Quick Reply: Question for Rinconeers.