Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Honda Back Ordered????

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2003, 05:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Back Ordered????

Originally posted by: RAPTORJAY
Tried a number of shops for you and all were out of stock..I'll keep my eyes peeled however
what killed the clutch? Havn't seen to many around here needing a fix yet
I have no idea what killed it, I don't ride it hard and rough. I stopped one day 2 weeks ago, shifted to neutral to answer the cell phone... took the call... went to shift back in 1st gear. and that's all she wrote.

Old 04-24-2003, 08:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as I know, customer service is the best you can do from Honda being a customer. Dealers have other numbers, but Honda will contract hits on whoever gives them out. Have you ever had the Tong chasing you? It's no fun. Seriously, I know it's frustrating, I have been waiting for a head gasket for my 500 Interceptor for a month now. But there's not much you can do to speed these things up, except get first in line when they become available (your local parts depts responsibility). I have worked with different mfgs. before and backorders are a problem for all of them. You really have to either wait it out, or go aftermarket or used.

Old 04-24-2003, 03:02 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: dzzy
As far as I know, customer service is the best you can do from Honda being a customer. Dealers have other numbers, but Honda will contract hits on whoever gives them out. Have you ever had the Tong chasing you? It's no fun. Seriously, I know it's frustrating, I have been waiting for a head gasket for my 500 Interceptor for a month now. But there's not much you can do to speed these things up, except get first in line when they become available (your local parts depts responsibility). I have worked with different mfgs. before and backorders are a problem for all of them. You really have to either wait it out, or go aftermarket or used.
What's bad about aftermarket and used, they don't have any either, I looked [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-24-2003, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

so what did you do to your clutch that it needs parts and what parts are needed. Have you had your dealer tried cridical backorder there supose to pull parts right form the line when that is done or have them get a hold of your dealers district manager there sometimes the dealers best way to help put the squeeze on deficult parts. The other problem is Honda is building 2004 ATV's so that maybe the other thing slowing down your parts. Not ever one has old 500 interesptors that need head gaskets that need repair.

Old 04-25-2003, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bummer davidpaj, you might be stuck waiting, a rotten deal all the way around. Cluby - Mikie, you leave my 'ceptor out your lame posts, LOL. BTW, welcome to the forum.

Old 04-25-2003, 10:33 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: cluby
so what did you do to your clutch that it needs parts and what parts are needed. Have you had your dealer tried cridical backorder there supose to pull parts right form the line when that is done or have them get a hold of your dealers district manager there sometimes the dealers best way to help put the squeeze on deficult parts. The other problem is Honda is building 2004 ATV's so that maybe the other thing slowing down your parts. Not ever one has old 500 interesptors that need head gaskets that need repair.

I didn't do anything to the clutch, I was riding one day... stopped to answer my cell phone, shifted back in gear and that was all she wrote. Upon removing the clutch you can actcually see the worn spot