Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

favorite gun to carry on your wheeler

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2000, 04:06 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not sure how your state natural resources department is set up but I just got off the phone with mine.... they have a printed booklet they will send out at your request that gives all the guidlines for legal ATV use. You had asked where you could get ATV reugulations too....hopefully this helps some.

Old 07-28-2000, 04:06 PM
Range Rover

I am not sure how your state natural resources department is set up but I just got off the phone with mine.... they have a printed booklet they will send out at your request that gives all the guidlines for legal ATV use. You had asked where you could get ATV reugulations too....hopefully this helps some.

Old 07-28-2000, 05:37 PM
Range Rover

I usually go into the woods with my trusty military issued, front mounted, Browning .50 cal. auto for squirrel hunting. Anything else would be ... uncivilized!

Vote for Charleton Heston for President!

Did I just post that?

Old 07-28-2000, 06:04 PM
Range Rover

How do you shoot while moving? I hope that if you are using official military hardware that you have found a way to shoot on the run. I always have to stop and then shoot....of course I was only able to mount the .30 cal. the .50 always tips my machine over....but I here that .50 and Suzukis have always been a dangerous combination.

Old 07-28-2000, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

Here in ontario Canada their are no pistols allowed and if you have a rifle you have to have a licence for it. Doesn't this law suck??

If I had a choice I'd take a sniper rifle.

Old 07-29-2000, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

It isn't the "unloaded" gun or the one with the "safety on" that is known to take another person's life. No, that responsibility is left to the person who rides around with it thinking that he/she would never be so stupid as to let such a thing happen.

As for what I take to the wooods, most of the time it is a Remington .270. I also have a Browning .243 that I use most often to harvest wild pigs. We have over 4 million wild pigs here in Texas and you can take as many as you require, any time of the year.

Old 08-10-2000, 10:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

OK, Let me sound off on this issue. I do not understand why everything has to be such a big deal. WE are the first ones to gripe about not being able to ride our ATV'S somewhere but then we want to start hounding people for exercising their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to BEAR ARMS. I have a Carry permit in Ga. I can and will carry my firearms (Whatever it maybe at the time) Where ever and whenever I want. We as a people have to stop being so dang scared of Clinton and all of his Democratic **** cronies and start standing up to what is right. I carry a glock 40.cal for personal protection and on my ATV. The Government has been very effective in blaming everything on the products instead of the people responsible. I have owned guns personally for 32 years,My grandfather for over 80 years,his father before him for an untold number of years. NOT ONCE has a gun gotten up and shot someone. The only time that a gun has been discharged was when WE wanted it to. I am sorry to hear about the boys who were shot but it was THEIR fault and not the guns. It is a hard pill to swallow when we have to take responsibility for our own actions but that is the way it is. I offer no appologies for the fact that I like,Collect and CARRY firearms. Noone should have to. We need to encourage people to speak out FOR guns and LESS Govt intervention. The instructors and store owners today are so scared that they seem to be the ones discouraging the use of firearms more than the idiot Liberals. "Careful , You will get in trouble." Well if you have to be so scared then maybe there are too many laws.. It is MY RIGHT! Clinton and anyone else cannot infringe on that unless I let them. I WILL NOT.

Old 08-10-2000, 01:57 PM
Trailblazer

REmington 11-87 Light Contour Left Handed 12 ga. 28" barrel, modified choke usually.