Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

What would it take to let me hunt on your property?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 11:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would it take to let me hunt on your property?

I grew up in a Part of central Illinois that is loaded with farm land and Strip mines. Rabbit and Squirrel was the game of choice for my family. My dad would always stop and ask them for permission even thou they had been good friends of the family for countless years. It was the right thing to do (no tresspassing). He would ask them if they wanted some game he had taken. Sometimes they did and sometimes they didn't.
This is where I judge my hunting to this day--Permission (No tresspassing and be a sportsman). The word "Sportsman" means to everything my dad is--Don't be a trophy hunter (if you hunt a animal for food be sure you eat it first) , don't shoot things up, be good to nature, respect the land and the property, obey the laws and Pass it on. It is simple to be good and even simpler to screw things up for everybody else--Guess what--things up are screwed up!!--I maybe a little old school but that is what I beleive!!!

Old 08-31-2005, 09:57 PM
Range Rover

depends on the person when someone comes to are door to ask to hunt i have to do it i in control of the land my dad says me decision i wont let anyone that i think will not be resoble usaly i ride along are land in the jeep and talk to them about hunting and there job famliy etc. i have turned down some of my dads best friends becuse i know they drink alot sometimes but hey if they want i fight i ll kil them im 13 6ft1 255 and a whole lot of person never lost a fight and i fight people that are 20 sometimes during hunting seson not safe but better then shoting some guy points a gun at me i walk right up to the muzzle and say put it down fight lke a man never failed yet. o i do carry a gun with me. glock 10mm and ak.

Old 09-03-2005, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

Asking first

Old 09-05-2005, 02:01 AM
Pro Rider

well we got about 300 acres of private land we hunt and we hunt it during rifle season but if someone came respectfully and wanted to muzzle load or bow hunt or bear hunt on it when we weren't there we would give permission if they were respectful cause if you allow someone to be there when you aren't they can watch it and make sure nobody else comes on. and we spend usually about 300 or so a year on upkeep on the land and it wouldn't hurt that if they threw in their share of the 300 for upkeep in to. and there is always the other way to go and that is state land. open to everyone but can get unsafe and overcrouded. but we rifle hunt whitetail and the whole idea behind us spending so much on land of our own is for safety we paid many thousands so that we had a safe place to hunt and we don't tollerate any tresspassers who we might hurt by not knowing they are there or they might hurt of by not knowing where we are.

Old 09-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider

For liability issues stated in our excess liability insurance policy, we don't allow anyone who is not a close personal friend or relative who also carries that coverage hunt our property. When we first built our home this caused some bad feelings as our land backs up to BLM land and when the first shot is fired on BLM public access by the literal army of hunters a majority of the game heads for private property. Most locals know that and had the unoccupied private land tied up for hunting almost by default for decades. Blame it on the politicians who are also mostly lawyers and consider redistribution of wealth by lawsuits the American way.