Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Deerstand Vandals

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deerstand Vandals

Haha dont mind me(not that anyone does). I looked at OkieDudes pictures first and not the ones firemedic posted. Then when they said about porcupines I went back and looked at the posts to see I had been looking at the wrong stand.

Old 11-12-2005, 07:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

a friend and i have had our two stands ripped down & and one portable stolen & these were on land we had permission to hunt. everything was fine untill i got a nice 10 pointer & my friend got a nice 6 pointer from these stands. these so called 'sportsman' got ticked off because of the deer taken from these stands i spent a lot of time scouting each year to find these stand positions. some hunters cant stand to see anyone having sucess at hunting deer. turns out these guys were locals who could not hunt their way out of their living room.and were to lazy to find there own spot they were caught on a trail cam we set up.they are no longer allowed to hunt this land. but be careful confronting the jerks. remember what happened in Wisconson where 6 hunters were killed over a tree stand.there are some stupid people out there. hope you catch these losers.

--------------------
03 AC 300 4x4

Old 11-16-2005, 01:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had deer stands destroyed on my property, and I know who did it. The problem is the guy's dad is an ok guy, so I don't wanna cause too many problems since they live there, and I'm currently out on the left coast. I have "No Trespassing With Out Permission" all the way around, and they still go out there on wheelers and sleds.

Old 11-25-2005, 09:10 PM
Range Rover

Knock on wood, but I have been fortunate enough never to have any of mine taken or destroyed. I usually hang 8 each year and use 5 or 6 more that other people have that hunt the same properties (they know about it and use mine when my trucks not there.) I don't think I'm gonna build anymore permanent ones, they scare me after being up for a two years, probably because I've tumbled outa them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2005, 04:32 PM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]Yup you have a quill problem for sure. They can do alot of damage that for sure. Maybe a good
idea would be to put some metal edging around the easy to put teeth on. You probably wouldn't
have much more into it. Like others at first I thought it was the two legged vandals.

Old 01-13-2006, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've found that a light coat of old motor oil will stop porqupine from chewing .

Old 01-16-2006, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

Every year our stand gets shredded as well. this season i replaced the padded seat, and the window ledges.

Old 01-18-2006, 12:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

next season get one of the cheaper trail cameras, turn off the flash (unlike the animals, people know what a camera flash is, even in the woods) and set it up to see who is doing this. A good picture to the law can do wonders. Put them in jail/heavy fine. No need to get stupid with threats or possible bodily harm.

Old 01-18-2006, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

I had one stolen a few years ago. Out scouting the next year I found it, a mile away, same jerk i thought it was. Guy jacks more deer then 10 people have right to. So I took my stand back, had my name on it and everything. A few days later I'm putting it back up, he just so happens to be out there too. Says " thats my tree stand" I'm trying not to to laugh, so i ask him what his name was , he says " Ryan O'hara" mind you he doesn't know me......I flip the stand over look at the welded tag and sure enough, says ryan ohara. So I hand him the stand, hes ready to kick my *** for stealing the stand he stole from me, and then I hand him my drivers license and told him he looked nothing like the guy in the picture. LOL oh boy was he FUMING! He pushed me, I pushed back, he swung, I dropped him [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]. I was 16 at the time, the dude is like 30, so he couldn't do anything about it.

I was lucky, not just for getting my stand back but for not catching a whoopin as well. In reality stolen tree stands are seldom recovered. Hope ya catch 'em though.