Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

ATV Trailers

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV Trailers

Already bought the Agri-Fab and it does what I need.

Old 07-03-2006, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default ATV Trailers

I thought about buying that one myself!

Old 07-26-2006, 01:14 PM
Range Rover
Default ATV Trailers

Alot of guys around here have "homemade" trailers they are the same width as the quad and have old car hubs and 13-15" car tires. They make them from angle iron and some people make a plywood box for hauling dirt, etc that can be easily removed for hauling 8-12' firewood. You can easily put 1/2-3/4 of a pickup load of wood on one, strap it down with a big ratchet strap and you can go anywhere with them.
I am planing to get one myself but haven't gotten around to it.

Old 09-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default ATV Trailers

Check out Otter Outdoors, they are a company out of Maple lake,mn that makes fish houses, trailers, and hunting gear as well as ATV storage boxes. they are very sturdy and durable. they have a 12" ground clearance.

Per their website:
The Otter "Xpress and "SuperX" ATV Trailers are newly designed with "Power Rail" technology . Both models feature our new Tilt-N-Swivel side/rear dumping system, and "Power Rail" system (extruded aluminum rail is molded right into the trailer body, creating one super strong body / frame assembly!) Perfect for hauling gear behind your ATV! Both models are available in 2 tire options (turf or knobby) and 2 hub assemblies (1 bolt or 4 bolt).

The Otter "JumboX" ATV Trailer is available in our standard model (no power-rail system or tilt-n-swivel option). Considered the work-horse of all the trailers, if you have a big job to do, THIS is the trailer you need !! Available with high-flotation, all-terrain tires, and 4-bolt hub assembly.

Old 09-10-2006, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default ATV Trailers

A word of caution:

A major consideration in using an ATV trailer is the terrain one is riding on. Riding on hillsides and locking ball hitches do not mix. I've tipped over trailers loaded with firewood/dirt/gravel many times riding along hillsides and only the pin type hitches have enough slack to allow the trailer to overturn without bending the tongue. With a lighter weight ATV and locking ball hitch I could envision a trailer loaded with 500-1000 lbs taking the ATV with it. When hear of 2000lb load capacities on an ATV trailer with a narrow wheelbase, all I can say is keep it on very level ground.

Old 10-15-2006, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ATV Trailers

I just purchased a Yukon Tracks trailer from the same people that make River's Edge treestands. I was considering Otter and Polar Sport before I found out about the Yukon trailers. One deciding factor was I only had to travel 50 miles to pic one up so there were no crazy shipping costs.

I posted some pics on my pic page for size comparison of the trailer to my 600 Grizzly. The tub size is 78"L x 38.5"W x 14"D. The trailer wheels track wider than the wheeler does. Hauled 8 loads like this with no problems. I would have to say this is a pretty good trailer for $359.

Jeff

Old 10-16-2006, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default ATV Trailers

Just saw a real slick tailer for puuling behind an ATV. This fella took an old blown up quad. Motor has dead. Cut the frame in the middle and added in a flat bed about 3ft long made from angle iron and mesh grating. Then he connected a tongue on the front like a hay wagon. Works well and is the same width as his ATV. It also already has a suspension and he is attemting to rig up a mechanical brake mechanism.

As you can tell he has entirely too much time on his hands. I do not see why you couldn't do this with some old 3-wheelers as well.

SJ