Kawasaki Side by Sides Talk about the rugged Kawasaki Sport and Utility

Before buying a Mule

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Before buying a Mule

Bought a what was supposed to be a new Trans 4x4 from local Kawasaki dealership this past summer. Before ever unloading the vehicle, I had to call back to the dealership to report oil leaking. I was told not to worry about it...but on the second day of riding when it wouldn't start I had no choice but to worry about it!

After round of painful discussions with both the local and national Kawasaki reps, I've concluded that Kawasaki as a company does not stand by their products and I'll never buy Kawasaki again.

PS - If anyone is looking for a used Trans 4x4, have I got a deal for you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Can't wait to sell this thing and go with a company that will do the right thing after selling a defective product.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 1998 kawie 2500 mule, a 2004 kawie 700 prairie, a 2005 kawie 360 prairie (brothers) and a 2005 kawie 750 brute force and have never ever hand any problems other than doing general maintanance. I did have the belt replaced after I burned it up pulling a heavy load in high range on my 700, and I did have warranty work one time on my bf750 for the carbrators being replaced and kawie has done nothing but good for me and my family. Too often the dealer will be the true problem. I am not per say brand loyal, but after having several kawies, a couple of hondas, a yamaha, and a polaris, they have all stood by their work. But the dealers I used are great top notch dealers. You might want to contact kawie yourself and tell them the whole story about the dealer telling you not to worry about the oil. Remember, the dealers are independently owned.

Old 01-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the advice and for taking the high road in this response vs. your other responses to my post. Trust me, I did contact Kawasaki and that was the worst of my interactions in trying to resolve the issue. From the minute Kawasaki customer service answered the phone, I could tell it was going nowhere. The representative was rude and dismissive and, as with the local dealer, just wanted to pass the buck.

I understand you wanted to provide some balance if you have had good experiences with Kawasaki but likelwise I feel it is my responsibility to let others know that I personally had a VERY bad experience both with the product and with my interactions with the dealership and Kawasaki.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

I understand your flustration, but to just come out and say a manufacture is junk b/c of one experience is beyond me. Yes we spend thousands of dollars on our machines and yes we expect them to be top notch. But sometimes things happen. I had a polaris from a friend in 2000 and it was a piece of junk. And the local dealer would not help outside of trying to rape me with hight repair cost. But as you can see, I have a 2007 polaris 800 x2. I didn't allow one situation to make me say the entire company was junk. That is my point. It really has nothing to do with kawie, yamaha, polaris, ac, can-am, honda, ac, etc, etc. It has to do with you making a statement that a brand you tried and had a lemon making statements that the entire brand is junk. Plan and simple. Furthermore, when we see someone bashing a brand on here and they have only had 7 post, it throws up a caution flag. You see, there are some people who are brand loyal and want to bash other brands to make their choice seem like the right one. I am not saying that is what you are doing, but you have to understand that you will get these reactions after reading your aggressive post.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Looks like we will have to agree to disagree on this. I absolutely do have high expectations from a company, any company, after making a multi-thousand dollar purchase from them. We all should...otherwise companies will not not find it necessary to be accountable for the products they put their names on.

As I tried to explain, I fully understand that there are imperfections in the manufacturing process and that occasionally we will be delivered a product that has a flaw. While this is a concern of mine with regard to my Mule, my biggest concern, and the only thing that drove me to make an "aggressive" post (though I'm not sure where you get aggressive from my basic retelling of the facts) was the local dealer and kawasaki national's failure to stand behind their product and fix the problem to my satisfaction.

Had either the dealer or manufacturer provided the customer service I expect, or God forbid go above and beyond the call of duty to provide superior customer service, I would have been on this same forum singing thier praises. Unfortunately, that was not the case.

Unless we stop buying from companies that don't treat us right, and helping others avoid our mistakes, those companies will continue in their old ways.

Old 02-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

I can agree with that

Old 03-03-2008, 01:21 AM
Trailblazer

We have a 2006 mule 3000. It too has leaked from the rear transmission from day one. The locking rear no longer locks and I'm scarred to take it in for repairs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'm using ours as weed and bug spray rig. It does a great job at that! It also traveled to Glamis Dunes once. The thing actually did pretty good for only being 2wd.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Trailblazer

i have a 99 mule 550 and its been through hell and back ive rolled it over a couple times it still runs fine but the front bars are lookin pretty ruff

Old 05-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

your dealer sucks, a new mule has a 1 year warranty, they should have NEVER told you not to worry abought an oil leak, I recomend to find a better dealer, it's not kawasaki, it's the dealer, if there is a problemb and you are in warranty kawasaki will pay, no questions asked

Old 05-16-2008, 06:33 AM
Range Rover

Yeah any decent dealer would have told you to bring it in as soon as possible. That dealership is horrible. I would be there in person and bithc to them. I wouldn't let them off with this bs.