Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

raced with alltoys and his new module

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 03:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raced with alltoys and his new module

I agree

Old 05-21-2003, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

Tommyboy,
When the new cdi comes out it will be better than our cdi because it will have greater timeing increases than the modulators. The new cdi will have more grunt than the modulators will have right through the whole throttle sequence. In other words side by side in a 350 foot race the new cdi will have at least a 1 1/2 bike length advantage over the modulators and go faster too.

Plus the new cdi will have a 9000 rpm limit set into it's program this is higher than our already 8200 limit set at the low range cycle. If you can wait you will be rewarded unfortunatly for me I gotta, hav-va, wanna, now, dang it!!!!!!! There are 3 companys that I know of that are working on the CDI and it will be interesting to find out who will be the first???

These modulators will give the power that our cdi already has to us at a lesser price than a cdi. Some of us just want the bottom end and the modulator is the way to go at 1/3 the price. The same goes for the top end modulator when it comes out it will be perfect fot the ones that want power on top.Just remember these modulators only give what is already in stock on the cdi.

Roscoe69,
I pulled the plastic that covers the rad and gave it a bath before it sets in like cement thanks for the heads up. There is a lot of fine dust there when coupled with water turns into a thick heavy mud gets into the tiniest places........sticks like critter crap to a blanket!

Old 05-22-2003, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

alltoys you say that the cdi will give more performance than the modulators.Than you must not be talking about Dimond G's cdi cause he said that the modulators will have more bottom end than the cdi. not sure about the top end tho. As long as i can lift my whieels st 30 mph ill be very very very HAPPY. I also think bearman said that he isnt going to raise the rpm limite. Alltoys please let us no whos cdi you think will be the fastes.

Old 05-22-2003, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

Prairievenom,
DG's cdi will have a 33 degreee timeing curve where as ours has 28 degrees then it drops off at 5500 rpm. DG's does not drop off plus he will install a slightly higher rev limiter I can't say because of legal stuff but it will out perform any modulator installed. The frequency can be jacked higher than is needed and still the cdi will only deliver what it already has. The modulator is only fooling the cdi with a constant form to keep timeing at its max thereby holding the extra power that we all so love to have.

To bring my wheels up at 40 mph is a combined effort by all the modds I have put on my quad and they are extensive. I showed Roscoe69 some obvious ones but to look at my quad it wouldn't stand out in a crowd untill I fire'd it up. In basic stock form the way it is now I would run it against a 750 or 800 kit with stock cdi and timeing key any time. With my Charger and Nos hooked up there isn't another machine except a drag raceing quad that would have a chance in 350 feet. The only problem I have is controlling wheel spin to gain traction.

Old 05-22-2003, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

Alltoys:

So the higher the degree timing the more potential power is released? You say DG's CDI will produce 33 degreee timeing while your CDI will produce 28 degreee timeing. If more timing means more power then you are saying the DG CDI will produce more power than yours but who knows how long the power curve will last compared to yours and DGs.

Now DG has sayed the holeshot module he is selling will produce more power down low than his CDI he will be selling. Also adding the topend module next month to the holeshot module will produce more power than his CDI.

This all is based on if more timing means more power, example: 25 degreee timeing is more power than 20 degreee timeing. If it does then how is your module and or CDI compare to his module and or CDI? Will you produce more power than his?

I had a question I was trying to get to but I forget what I was trying to ask. Anyway, I just want to clear things up.

Old 05-22-2003, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

BBertram,
I think Don was a little excited when he said his modulator would out perform his cdi not so. The cdi is the whole package instead of pieces. 33 degrees is about the maximum you can go on premium gas with 9.9 - 1 compression so pump gas can still be used with the new cdi when it comes out. The modulators only produce 26 degrees on the bottom end because any more runs the risk of predetonation this is not good. The ideal thing is to have 24 degrees off the start then rise gradually as the speed and rpm rises causing torque. Soon as we reach 30 - 40 mph could reach 33 - 35 degrees without harming anything producing a greater mid range holding the same degree to the rev limiter will have astounding results. No matter what the modulators put out it still can not outproduce the output of the cdi. Although we can fool the cdi to maintain its maximum to the rev limiter it already has!!!!

DG's modulator will have a switch built in so you can go WOT right from start and you will gain maybe 1mph on top end. If you give it your all and let off the throttle the holeshot module will resort back to the cdi's preprogramed routine. This means you will have full degree advance from the start up to 30 mph let of the throttle for brief moment then it will resort back to its program resulting in the same power sapping program the cdi had before you hooked up the modulator. I hope this answers your question if not let me know.

The best thing is still a dedicated CDI.

Old 05-23-2003, 12:50 AM
Range Rover

Also my understanding is the CDI will be plug and play. Not splice some certain wires and have to rig up an on/off switch like the modulator(s). I am not much of a mechanic so that means a lot to me.

Also if you have the extended warranty and want to take the bike to the shop for warranty work with the modulator(s) this is going to be a hassel to take these modulators off the bike.

With the cdi you can just put the old one back on. (at least that's my understanding)

Damn I wish someone would hurry up with that CDI. I have convinced myself not to buy the modulators now although its sooo very tempting its killing me. I just can't justify spending $200 for two modulators now and then buying the CDI later for another $300.

I wish <> G could offer some sort of discount off the cdi if you bought both his modulators.

Old 05-23-2003, 09:34 AM
Pro Rider

I see where your getting at now, the modulator only produces one frequency to produce a certain timeing so it will be that timeing from say 1000 rpm till 4000 rpm. While a CDI can change the timeing throughout the RPM range producing a smoother more controllable power. So the modulator is static and the CDI is dynamic. I can see the CDI being better than modulators now.

Do you have an ETA on your CDI? Do you have any other plans or special features about the CDI besides increased timeing and rev limiter. What sort of cost are you shooting for? From what I read it sounded like you are going to sell a CDI as well, maybe I misunderstood?

Thanks for the info.

PS: I might be in Alberta, north of Edmonton, around June 30th - July 3rd or so. I don't know where we are going yet but maybe its near you and I can see that mean machine you got there.

Cya.

Old 05-23-2003, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider

BBertram,
I beleive you have the concept my cdi and yours are identical with ragards to timeing curves this apart from the other programs are a constant. I hope to have a 4 program cdi for myself to test in the near future but it is dificult. I think it would be interesting to have a programable cdi when you need some more of this and less of that it could be custom programed by a few well placed programmers. I like the ability to change my perameters at will and this could be the way.

Letcher KY,
The cdi when it comes out will plug and play where as the modulators are not. The pink wire will have to be cut to use the modulators plus a negative and positive wire that operates through the key switch so it will be turned off when not in use. The modulators are the cheapest way to attain very good power!!!

Old 05-23-2003, 04:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ALLTOYS!!

I'm calling you Out!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Naw, just kidding, But I just wanted to say that I think its cool that you have done so much R&D for these machines,and do give up alot of honest suggestion,and Opinions. ANd from time to time, speed secrets.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Anyway just wanted to say thanks.

I think I will wait on a new CDI for my wifes V-force. appreciate the info you have given us all.

Bigger.

Quick Reply: raced with alltoys and his new module