Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Update From Kawi650

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 01:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update From Kawi650

"

You state, "we bend over backwards for any customer, not just people who purchased their machine from us". I purchased my machine from another dealer in the province, yet each time I come into your store and approach the parts desk, I have to ask for help from a certain member of your staff, (no names, perhaps a chit chat and reminder as to who makes it possible for you all to pay your bills, the CUSTOMER) each time I am asked "did you buy your bike here?" I have always found this question odd, now more so since you state it doesn't matter where a customer has bought their machine. I have spent over the last 6-7 months, close to $1000.00 at your store, probably not alot in your eyes, but in mine it is. I have left the store feeling somewhat pissed by being rushed in my purchases, or my questions, as though I am imposing on this person's time. Anyways, I don't know what experieneces DOA has had with you, but those are mine, and I don't mind sharing for all to see. "

[b]Read Down please! Thx
B-Dog

Old 05-31-2003, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider

Alltoys I had mine orginal cylinders cleaned up and we are using them because they are not out of spec.... Should I be worried?

Old 05-31-2003, 02:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Fireman650
This thread is starting to take on a new twist. Since I have contributed to this thread and after reviewing my post I am assuming that some of the points I made may have contributed to your being 'upset', my apologizes if this is the case. I won't speak for DOA, but some people have a tendacy to to speak out without fully backing up what their saying, on the other hand. You state, "we bend over backwards for any customer, not just people who purchased their machine from us". I purchased my machine from another dealer in the province, yet each time I come into your store and approach the parts desk, I have to ask for help from a certain member of your staff, (no names, perhaps a chit chat and reminder as to who makes it possible for you all to pay your bills, the CUSTOMER) each time I am asked "did you buy your bike here?" I have always found this question odd, now more so since you state it doesn't matter where a customer has bought their machine. I have spent over the last 6-7 months, close to $1000.00 at your store, probably not alot in your eyes, but in mine it is. I have left the store feeling somewhat pissed by being rushed in my purchases, or my questions, as though I am imposing on this person's time. Anyways, I don't know what experieneces DOA has had with you, but those are mine, and I don't mind sharing for all to see.

Since Jason first informed us all about his problem, some of us were concerned about this, myself included, Is this what we have to look forward to, apparently so. On two occassions I questioned your staff about Jason's machine and was told in no uncertain terms that the problem with his machine was, "owner abuse", I was expecting a more justifiable explanation. Your statement about how his machine was treated contradicts that of the people I spoke to, (no names, perhaps another chit chat about putting out erroneous information.) I am sure if he abused his machine you wouldn't be lending your demo unit out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] good customer or not. To your credit I will say that I have had some positive experiences with some of your staff and found them helpful, except the service tech who told me to open my pilot screw approx. 3 turns, but didn't first tell me to start from the fully closed position. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Just kiddin, that was my fault, I am not to smart with working on my own machine and sometime I like to ask questions to learn. Anyways, since your here perhaps this can all be cleared up, sorry for not coming in to discuss this, but i shouldn't have to.

Would you be willing to elaborate a bit more on the problems that kawasaki has had with their service reps. and how it affects us, the customer and what is kawasaki and yourself, the owner, doing about it?
Thanks

I can understand where you are comming from Blair but you also have to understand that......

A) We ask you if you purchased your bike from us because we have so much direct competition locally that we really have to make a difference to the customers who beleived in us to buy a bike from us instead of across the waters as we owe that to that person. You have to understand and if not I also understand.

B) You have spent money at the shop and I enjoy taking care of you even though I have been suicidal busy. I always give you an great deal (good discount) and I even was willing to take back a jet kit that you bought at another dealership even though that never happened before in our parts department. You did not buy your bike from us am still willing to help you out. I really think that this is part of our dedication to the ATV community. We do more then the local dealership would even consider. Is it time for us to not do as much? Not fight for customers with manufactures?....... Hell no because we want to make a difference in our area. Anyways....... disappointed. I do what I can for our customers and I know alot of you guys have spoke to me at 1 point in time or another. Even the boys in the US.
Bernman

Old 05-31-2003, 09:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

Fireman 650 ,
If you have a legitimate concern about service you recieve in my shop ever all you have to do is ask for me (Eric). We're human just like everyone else and mistakes do happen but in most cases we WILL go the extra mile to make sure you're happy in the end. I guess Bernie knows you , if you like introduce yourself to me the next time you're in. We'll make sure you are taken care of.

Honda guy ,
Any time you'd like to drag race , have a pull off, or just a deep mud contest I'm sure our local Kawi guys would be happy to take up the challenge. It's true pump engines run forever but they're rarely alot of fun to use.

Old 05-31-2003, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider

Eric you are not at your shop late in the evenings so I will fill you in:

My brother goes to your shop unloads the honda and does three laps around the building then comes back and tells me he's doing donuts around me. As for when the 650 is running that honda goes even faster... if it's right behind me then I look back again and it's not there so I have to turn around and look for it.

Old 05-31-2003, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

Freeone,

It's great to see that your taking a personal approach to both your business and your customers by posting here. I applaud that and hope that we continue to hear from you in the future. Welcome.

Contrary to what most people might think, the cost of something should be secondary. Don't get me wrong, everyone wants a good deal and nobody wants to pays too much but service, knowledge of product and interest in the sport should be the primary concerns. I have often paid more for something that could have been bought cheaper elsewhere because I liked the people and felt they were genuinely interested in me and my business. In my books this speaks volumes. I know it's not easy to keep everyone happy and sometimes your best efforts will still fail but it really sounds like your trying. Keep up the good work.

Steve

Old 06-01-2003, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

Kawi650,
I prefer to use already stressed material because if it is going to fail it will do it in less than 100 hours. If the cylinders are in spec after 1400 km then go with them. The next question I would have if they are in spec but the leak test proved there was a failure then what failed, the rings, pistons, valves, there are only a few items to go over. If you replace the rings I would also do main bearings and do valve job as well. If I were I would consider in doing a port job as well to the heads. This can be done for around $200 I would think at a local head shop something to ponder as this will wake up your machine. I still think you have some questions to ask your dealer before they put it back together just my thoughts.

Old 06-01-2003, 10:38 AM
Range Rover

Well what can we (Prairie owners) do to prevent engine damage down the road besides keeping the rad clean. I am thinking of getting that exhaust wrap and doing both pipes and not just the first 6 in. because that front exhaust is routed very close to the heads and with all the plastic, there is nowhere for the heat to go. This is just a thought and if I'm wrong let me know, I know that I do very little muddin and my fan runs alot. Thanks for any help.

Old 06-01-2003, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider

alltoys we are doing bearing etc... I'm not sure about the port job have to look into that. What is a port job and will it give me a longer / equal life out of my engine?

Old 06-01-2003, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

Jason, a port job cleans up the intake and exhaust ports for more air flow. It can give you more power if done right.

Quick Reply: Update From Kawi650