Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Update From Kawi650

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update From Kawi650

Nyroc:
I use Motul 5100 10/40 that's marked CCMC G5 and API SG? I don't any other see the other markings on it. I don't care what Yamaie say that's good oil if he is using it because I put 24000km on that oil in my 400. Nyroc I personally don't feel you can not get the miles out of a grizzly that you will get out of a 650.. At least that's what people that drive 600 grizzlies here are saying to me ( I can not talk much here because I don't know but I think the new ones are better on this issue).

Scotia:
130021060 is the part number and it does fit I think a 1200 streetbike of some sort.

DOA:
Let me say: My delay in the repairs has nothing to do with Freedom it was mainly delay by Kawi Canada. As for Freedom they are air freighting my parts on their coin to speed up my service same thing happens when I went to PJ's... As for being left out well I can get my hands on a demo or friends bikes... Believe me if you know me (which I think you would because there is not that many people in this province that doesn't) I will be out biking. I also would wait very patiently for any service on my machine because I don't personally enjoy walking out of the woods alone like what happened this past weekend to a poor sole that had problems with a dirt bike back bowater.... That would **** me off not waiting for parts on backorder. I take service seriously. I wouldn't worry about me leaving kawi at this point because of the issues I had in the past with this Kawi but it didn't scare me away, I just had a lemon but the problems are basically gone now LOL. As for auto transmissions shops I think you hit it... been there but I'm NOT WILLING TO SAY WHO HERE IS NOT UP TO MY STANDARD BECAUSE THAT'S NOT MY STYLE.... but lets just say that transmission shop learned an expensive lesson by us LOL.

Old 06-03-2003, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

Jason,

I went through my inventory and I don't have anything matching that #, sorry. However, that # in my book matches the part # for the actual piston pins not the circlips. Are you sure that is the correct # or is it actually the pins that are backordered.

Steve

Old 06-03-2003, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

Yes today I was corrected to "piston pins" are on backorder today.

Old 06-04-2003, 10:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

DOA:
This will be my last post to you.

1)Freight and PDI are both real costs (come in and I'll show you). I do watch W5 and several other documentary programs. I'm sure if you call the producers of that show and tell them you're ticked because someone tried to charge you freight and PDI in the amount of $175 you'd find a deaf ear. I guess next time you'd like to drive to Lincoln pick the machine up and put it together yourself.

2)STUFF BREAKS ! When it breaks it needs to be fixed. Sometimes parts are backordered,we sell those parts we don't make them. When they're backordered you can scream and yell at your local dealer as much as you like and they can't do anything about it. We are waiting to get the parts just as you are. Do you really think we wouldn't like to sell you the parts if we had or could get them.

3)We take REALLY good care of Kawi650 just ask him. We also know the KVF 650 as well or better than any shop in this area. Kawasaki does alot of their testing out of this shop. There IS a reason for that so please do not question the competence of this shop! 20% of your customers are 80% of your hassle. We stiil do try our best for the customer..... bottom line.

Old 06-05-2003, 08:17 AM
DOA
Range Rover

Freedom's owner,

PLEASE, treat us with some sort of acknowledgement that we have a brain bigger than a chicken's bunghole. (the coup is wired now, we have collective knowledge) We all know there is shipping and handling but YOU also have a suggested retail. When people phone or come in and ask what's the price of your products or see it on them, do we have to add the damn HST and then figure the shipping & handling on them TOO in order to see if we have enough money in our pocket? Damn it if we wouldn't need a calulater also.

If you don't think that adding the shipping & handling after the fact is wrong or deceitful you are sadly mistaken, YOU add your costs IN the retail price, not after as if you add it on to *people* who seem nieve and not to those who shopped around. We ALL know that dealers who do this are on the shady side of life.

It IS as simple as that !

I am glad you have a good machanic if so and kudo's to him for his good work, if so.

You would be wise and follow your own advise and not answer this reply and stop spinning your wheels. Your just digging your self deeper, ask any four wheeler guy/gal and he/she will tell you, there's a time when you just have to get towed out (Change your ways)

What I would like to hear from you is that you accept your fault and promise to your customers to be honest and forthcoming, NOTHING in a dealer is more appreaciable.

Take this for what it is, a kawi owner looking out for his own and say THANK YOU.

Stop spinning your wheels, your situation is getting deeper. There's only one way out and if I were you I would take it.

Sincerely, DOA

Old 06-05-2003, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider

DOA - it's time to lighten up!!

Old 06-05-2003, 04:00 PM
Pro Rider

If Jason had a problem with Freedom Im sure he would say so. He has said he was satisfied with there service. If he dont have a problem why should you? Are you a competing dealer?

Freeone, I hope you continue to post on the forum.

Old 06-05-2003, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

DOA: I'm getting tired of this and this fourm is here to educate not debate over your personal opions in my POV. You made your point the reader read it and made their conclusions that it. I think you should go and buy a raptor from Freedom and join those guys they seam to enjoy your style from what I can tell. LOL (NO BAD COMMENTS MEANT ON RAPTORS guys).

Only problem with Freedom I have is that they still have a used honda outside LOL. As for DOA try this: next time you go shopping for a new ATV say to the sales person just tell me the out the door price and not to even tell you tag price... Also I will check on my invoices that I had from freedom (which is quite a stack) to see if I was charged shipping on anything I bought from the parts counter... As for picking on service/ staff at freedom... I wouldn't go there because there is nothing wrong with their service... If you are easy to deal with they are a great team player... as well now they have multiple service guys with a lot of experience (more than me and you put together) that can trouble shoot very effeciently. As everyone is aware here I take my service very seriously and I'm still at Freedom believe me if I was forced to leave I would be gone by now. If you have concerns bring them to Eric's attention... I did and those concerns were promply addressed. Quick question is your first name Derek? If you are I thought you got your machine at DJ in Amerst.

As for rivermud I think I have this guy down to about 5 people and I don't think any of these people have anything to do with the market of ATVs or anypart of ATVANS either.

An new update all parts except for the parts on backorder are here and ready... as for the backorder should be in to Kawi on monday ... I can hear it starting!!!

Old 06-05-2003, 07:38 PM
DOA
Range Rover

I guess I should have started a thread to "educate" people on the tactic's of sales instead of ruining somebody's thread, so enough said.

"Edcuating" kawasaki and their dealers is not a bad thing though, so go play in the snow, after shipping & handling on your plow that is.

Later,

Old 06-05-2003, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

Kawi650, I found out why the griz 660 blew up. He was using poor oil and was over revving it for long periods of time and didn't have it tuned right. He also hurt his heads due to valve floating for extended periods. His rings seized and pulled a chunk out of the piston. Technically speaking, there are some solid reasons that a two cylinder v-twin would hold up a lot better than a single thumper. But, all kinds of other variables like tolerances and hardnesses that could offset all of that.

I may have appeared to be somewhat skeptical about your 650, since I honestly do not believe the short mileage you got from your 650 is typical. I hear about other people with more miles than you who didn't need a rebuild.

I have actually been hoping to blame your problems on something you did, just because I also have a 650 and I want it to last a long time. Oh well, I still hope it was not typical.

SG is a great oil, it is the SJ that is actually not good for many bikes, and bad for some. SJ has reduced amounts of zinc and phosphorous - two wear reducing additives that there has never been found a good substitute for. SJ without Jaso MA has friction modifiers that we all don't want.

Quick Reply: Update From Kawi650