Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

stock shee vs stock raptr vs stock vfroce in sand

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock shee vs stock raptr vs stock vfroce in sand

In my many years of duning I've never seen a stock shee before but this weekend I ran into a stocker with geckos and a rappy with geckos. All our machines were 3 weeks old, the shee still had a yellow price tag on the handlebars. So they wanted to have a go at sand mountain which is 600ft tall dune and I obliged since I was feeling good about my new haulers.

So I was dead even with the shee all the way to the top, a photo finish. The raptor was pretty far behind us and he said he had to use 1st gear at the top.

Old 07-07-2003, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

I managed to scoot right up the steep (east) side of sand mountain wich suprized me. I was gonna turn around as soon as I lost too much speed but I never got the point where I slowed down too much so I just went to the top, then came down and did it again. I'm really curious if a stock raptor could do that since they have to use 1st gear on the "valley" side. I was also was curious about taking a passenger up the valley side so I got my 140lb cousin on the back and we went right up no problem. Overall I was really impressed cause after my first trip with knobbies I didn't think I could climb much, but I was wrong. My brother is gonna buy his 1st quad, a predator, soon so then I can get even more stock comparisons in the sand. My favorite thing though is not the power of the V but the fact that I'm not worn out at the end of the day or sore the next morning. It's a very comfortable ride.

Old 07-07-2003, 03:20 PM
Range Rover

the shee would win no prob

Old 07-08-2003, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 3TV
A stock Raptor will not make it up the east side of Sand Mountain with Holeshot tires on it. I tried and had to turn around halfway up.

And speaking of riding double up the valley side of Sand Mountain, ... earlier this spring I watched a Honda Rubicon with two 300 pounders on it go up the valley of Sand Mountain. Of course it took the Rubicon about 15 minutes to do it because it was putting along so slowly. It did not seem to have enough power to spin the tires in four wheel drive, so it just kept going, and going, and going, like the eveready bunny. It was one of the funnier things I have seen at the dunes.

3TV
LOL thats funny. I've only seen 1 utility go up the valley, but I didn't see what it was. The thing was crawling but I was happy for it. Anyway nothing can go up the east side without paddles, you are crazy to try that. That's rail and shee territory. Not knobbie land.

Old 07-10-2003, 12:17 AM
Trailblazer

My buddies have been trying to get me to take the 650 up it. I haven't had a chance to get there yet but I''m going to try the fall.

Old 07-10-2003, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

With the right money and mods, you can make a Banshee a dune rocket, You could do this to other quads to but i dont know if they could do as well in the sand modded as a modded banshee would.

Old 07-10-2003, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: hondaracer305
With the right money and mods, you can make a Banshee a dune rocket, You could do this to other quads to but i dont know if they could do as well in the sand modded as a modded banshee would.

amen to that! Our toomey shee is on a different level than the 4 strokes. That's why it's soo hard to find a stock shee with not so great geckos to race.

Old 07-10-2003, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider

I have taken my p650 up the valley a few times. I was going about 30 mph tops but it went right up. I am planning on getting the holeshot module shortly and that should make quite a difference.