Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V Force jet kit install

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V Force jet kit install

Hey everybody..
I just installed my Dynojet jet kit in my V and it was well worth the money! I dont know how many HP it picked up but it revs much faster now. I was worried at first about installing the thing because I didn't know that much about carbs, but after getting up enough nerve to dig in I found it was simple to do. You dont even need to remove the carbs from the engine! Here is some basic instructions on how to install a jet kit..

JET INSTALL... Fully remove air cleaner assembly and the plastic shroud on the tranny side of the engine and anything else to give you full access to the carbs. Remove the 4 screws that hold the side of the carbs on. Make sure to use a good screwdriver as the screws strip easilly. A little gas will come out of each carb when the plate is removed. I just let the gas spill out on a rag. When the side of the carb is removed, the main jet is easilly accessible

NEEDLE INSTALL.. On the opposite side of the engine, remove everything you need to give you full access to the carbs. On this side of the carbs there are hard plastic covers with 4 screws that need to be removed. When you remove the plastic cover, a 4" spring will come out too. You will see a small rubber boot that is attached to the slides that hold the needle. Remove the whole assembly noting order of plastic cover, spring,slide, plastic needle holder and needle "its not complicated". Install new needle according to your altitude and replace everything. It will be tricky to keep that spring straight when re installing it. What I did is compress the spring between the slide assembly and hard plastic cover and install them both at the same time.

After making sure that the slides move back and fourth easilly, make sure all the screws are tight and then find the mixture screw on the tranny side of the carbs. Turn the screw clockwise until its completely seated and turn it out according to your altitude.

I hope this helps anyone who is a little apprehensive about digging into their carbs themselves![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2003, 03:58 PM
Range Rover

Who did you order the kit from, how much and how long did the install take you?

Old 07-10-2003, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider

Kawy...

I had ordered the kit from Rocky Mountain atv. It was listed on their web site as a K&N jet kit. I was surprised when the UPS man delivered a Dynojet kit, but I figured it was probably the same thing anyway. It was $44.99 and it took me about an hour to install. Now that I know what i'm doing, it would probably take about 1/2 an hour.

Old 07-10-2003, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider

Did the kit include new needle jets as well as the mains? thx, Putt

Old 07-10-2003, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Putt..

Yes, the kit included the 2 needles and spacers as well as 10 main jets. The only thing it didn't come with were instructions other than which jets to use for different altitudes.

Old 07-10-2003, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

I wonder is this dynokit about the same thing as the dial-a-jet sold by www.thunderproducts.com?? I am having a hard time understanding how it improves HP or throttle response..............could someone enlighten me?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2003, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

From what I understand, it all has to do with the altitude you run at. I run at about 6000 feet and the v came jetted for sea level. By placing smaller jets, I can have the right air/fuel mixture that engines need to produce the peak horsepower. I noticed a difference right away in how this thing ran. It seems to rev much quicker and higher than it did before. I can now pull a wheelie much easier while i'm moving instead of just from a dead stop. i dont know if a jet kit would produce the same results for someone riding near sea level. One thing I dont understand is what the needles do.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2003, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

do the stock needles have notches for adjustment? The kit needles?
Are there oversized jets (larger than sea level ones)?

Old 07-10-2003, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider

Green700

All the jets are smaller than stock. Here's a list of what they are..

116 126
118 128
120 130
122 134
124 138

The stock needle is flat at the base "non adjustable"
The Dynojet has 6 grooves for adjustment.

Old 07-10-2003, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

Thats not exactly true. Dynojet jets are not the same size as the mikuni/kiehin jets, you need to take a look at a conversion chart to match up. In other words, the 140 Dynojet main is not the same size as the stock 140 mikuni main jet. Putt

Quick Reply: V Force jet kit install