Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

cant keep air in my new Radial Outlaws

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 12:44 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cant keep air in my new Radial Outlaws

Well, I took out my new tires for a spin today, their first real ride, and found a big problem. Tires were full, at appropriate pressure, 7 psi when on my way out the road. Road around a bit, stopped to check tightness of the lugs, and noted one low tire. Put air in it, rode out a few miles, came back and found 2 low tires. Put air in them and rode some more and found 3 low tires. These things just wont keep their bead., Radio Outlaws on C series rims. The only way that I can seem to keep them full is to put 10 to 12 PSI into them. This makes the ride bumpy as heck. Any hints for me? I am beginning to miss my dunlops as with them I never had to add air.

Old 08-25-2003, 05:01 PM
Trailblazer

Actually I appreciate your reply. I talked with Dan, or Bushhog from Highlifter today and let me tell you, that company is bar none, one of the best dealings I have done with a business. BushHog is sending me free of charge 4 bottles of the tire sealant you mentioned and instructed me on what I need to do to make it work the best for my problems. He was appologetic for my problems, like he took it personally that I was having these issues. If I do any further after market purchases, rest assured I will look at Highlifter first. I appreciate the info though and will let you know how the project goes when I get my product.

Old 08-25-2003, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

Some car tire stores can easily damage an atv tire bead. That is why I always do my own. You can get bead sealant for your tire if it is leaking at the bead.

Slime would do the trick too, but it sounds like a more serious prob. Maybe the beads aren't seated.