Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

others riding your quad

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 01:33 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default others riding your quad

i generaly let other people ride my quad if i trust them enough, well a few weeks ago when my quad was only on its 2nd day out in the big world my friend crashed it in a river wall that he didnt see because of the tall grass, i didnt see it happen or anything but i did notice later that it was pretty scratched up on the front left side plastic and there was a small crack by the end of the brace thing for the riveted on warning sign. i was mad, but i didnt make him pay for it.

and my other friend who i know is sort of hard on things, you can tell just by the condition of his cars and how he drives them, i usualy let him drive the quad too. he has a new suzuki gsx 600 or 700, not sure, but he dosnt let me ride it ever. his explanation for this is that i dont know how to ride a bike, otherwise he would. fair enough i suppose but he dosnt have anymore experince than i do riding a quad, probably less since i ride it more.

now just the other day another friend noticed that the front left well seems to be off bent a little more than the right, and my brother and i looked at it and well it may be of just a little bit, it dosnt seem to be that big of a deal, though the bumper is notcibly higher on the left side than the right. i dont know if this guy has twisted the frame or what, if he did it was very minor. and the back right tire seems to sort of go up and down when you ride it slow enough on the pavement, i dont know how that could have happend, the axel dosnt seem to be bent in back at all.

well anyways, the point is im planning on having my dealer just check it out, or if they wont do it for free, have a guy who works on quads and cars check it out and see what he thinks. if there is anything major i will probably ask the guy to pay for repair. im going to atleast tell my friend with the motorcycle that he cant ride it anymore untill the guy who crashed it atleast buys me new bumper, if not a new bumper and plastic. im tired of letting people ride it and having them go off for longer than they say and doing stuff i dont want them to. i hate to seem like an a%!hole to people but i can barley afford to make payments on my new toy, let alone let others ride it and do damage to it and not be paid back. all this minor damage will add up in the end and i will be the one having to pay for it.

Old 08-25-2003, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

GOOD! dont let em ride it. especially when they beat the pee out of their own rigs or will lie to yer face after they damage yours. A friend would come clean and pay for it. These are not friends. Dont give them any break. I've been there, dude. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2003, 01:46 AM
Trailblazer

thanks. the only thing i dont like about it is it might make some tension between us about it, hes a good friend its just that i dont want somthing like this to come between us.

Old 08-25-2003, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

the tension is all HIS doing. The best thing to do is to sit down and discuss it, if it is possible. just "hey this wasnt like this before you rode it, is there sumthin you forgot to tell me? " If he still doesnt come clean, then he's not as good a friend as you thought. Ive been there. people would seize up or wreck my dirt bikes and disappear. "dont know anything about it" I finally got rid of em all. NOW, if anyone rides my quads, they are ppl i trust and ppl I know can afford to pay for damages. NO FLAKES OR STONERS!
Too bad you had to go thru that, but if you dont take a stand, they will keep doin it to ya! guaranteed!
I'd perob let him slide this time. But he'll never park his butt on any of my stuff again, for sure. and ive had to do that too. youll both get over it. don't let them lie to your face and take advantage of you. those are not friends. hope that helps. hang in there! ;p
PS where are you in Dakooooota? hehe i'm a native.

Old 08-25-2003, 02:36 AM
Trailblazer

well it wasnt the friend who crashed it that i usualy let ride it. i just dont want any more scratches and wear in it that i dont put into it.

Old 08-25-2003, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider

i'm afraid the only solution there is to not let anyone else ride it. if he's agood friend, he'll understand.

Old 08-25-2003, 06:53 AM
Pro Rider

It's like this. I don't let anyone who would not pay for repairs ride mine. That leaves only ME. They ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS say I'm sorry and walk away.
That goes along with why I do not ride street bikes anymore. They pull out on you, you crash, got to hospital or die. They tell the authorities, "I did not see him!" and go home!
I don't care if they own a Kawasaki Dealership!
Your safety is at stake here. If you loan it out and they do something and don't tell you and later it fails and causes you grief or injury, you have only yourself to blame.

Old 08-25-2003, 06:59 AM
Pro Rider

well said. another 'been there, hated that' without a doubt!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2003, 07:03 AM
Trailblazer

I've been taking blasts on my friends bikes and quads for ages.

There is one Rule:

You bent it , You mend it.

Needless to said i've had to by new handlebars for a YZ twice.

Old 08-25-2003, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider

Very few people get to drive any of my things. I just enjoy riding my things to much to let people ruin it for me and I live about 10 hours from the closest dealership.