Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

12hrs of ATV America

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12hrs of ATV America

LOL!!! newbeatle, I will be nice,, I'll pull backwards so your wife has a slight chance! LOL!!! I also PMed you about something very important!! Hey did you happen to get one of them Hunsaker Gas cans? I talked to Jason there today and he said after I purchased mine a few people called and ordered them also and said they were for the 12 Hour race!!! I got my can and it would only dump 5 gallons in around 30 seconds. This was not acceptable so I called Jason, we discussed a few things and with a few custom mods I made I have it dumping 5 gallons in 8 seconds! I have to call him tomorrow to tell him what I did and where to get the stuff needed to dump that fast and have it fit our gas fill necks!

shotgun,,, OldmanWheeler does have a trick up his sleeve,,,, I do all his work! LOL!!!! I hope you can make it,, it's gonna be a fun filled weekend and hopefully a weekend full of wins for us! LOL!! As far as being ringers for the pull,, we have to get our Prairies through the race first! I'm going back to the shop in a bit to get some more tinkering done and maybe even start it up tonight! Still waiting on the new exhaust yet but I have something else I can throw on for starting it!

Old 10-10-2003, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider

P.W. ... I made my own fill can... Like you, I wasn't satisfied with the fill rates ( & cost ) on these fast fill cans... Mine holds 4 gallons, & though I haven't timed a dump, with the 2.5" outlet, & .75" vent... I'm sure it will dump faster than us "old men" can change riders...besides my credit card is crying right now, after the 750 kit & those fancy new wheels ... can't wait to buy the 55 gallons of race gas...Wahhhh... can you here mastercard crying ???

my biggest concern right now is getting things back together ... my machinist broke a tool... didn't damage anything, but put my jugs 2-3 days behind schedule.... right now ... 2 weeks before the race, I have engine parts in at least 3 different states.... ( no stress )

this afternoon, my team is going to the bluff trails we train on, to try to get used to the twist throttles in extreme riding ( & some high speed stress relief )... most of us have a motorcycle back ground, & this week we installed twists on all our other quads( my wife hated the thumb throttle on our 300, even with that danged thumb extender... so I'll have to train with that, untill my 750 is rolling again )... seeing that team Kawasaki ( Mike pendlands 700 ), wears a twist throttle, only confirmed that we'll just need to get used to them ...

If I can get the quad through the race, ( & Sally over the fact that DWB is going to slaughter all the wild mushrooms in Wisconsin, if she beats him... LOL )... my fabricator used to do lawn mower pulls... we have a few tricks to try ourselves... so O.M.W. ... bring it on... if for some reason my quad can't compete in the pulls, ( & we didn't rob something vital off of Dan's '03 - 650 ) he'll use my weight box ( on the 10' pole ...LOL... ), on his quad for the pulls...

OLDMANWHEELER ... any idea when we'll get a confirmation on our race number... so I can finallize pit uniforms ???

You guys have a good day...WAM

Old 10-11-2003, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

Well the verdict on the twist, is it stays... we rode hard on 2 quads with twists & 1 with a thumb extender... by the time we were starting to get blisters ( on our non throttle hands ), we all likes the twist better than the thumb... I like these trails, to train on, because they are nearly as extreme as it gets around here... I'm sure DWB will vouch for that ...LOL... my old front rims ( mounted on my wifes '01 300 Prairie full time 4 X 4 )( magnum billets with 489 XT's mounted on them were nearly square by the time we were done pounding them yesterday )

we recieved our confirmation on our racing number ... look for Common Sense Solutions & Concepts racing team, Utility Expert class... # 77

have a good day ... WAM

Old 10-13-2003, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider

newbeatle,,,,
Eleven days away and counting,,, will you be ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!! Not to put any pressure on ya or anything! LOL!!!

Old 10-14-2003, 07:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have been told some bad news...I CANT GO!! this really blows... My moms truck died so she had to get it fixed....now I cant get money to go [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] any one wanna pick me up?? lol

Old 10-16-2003, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider

WELL...I haven't talked to anyone lately... I'll do my best to get down for the race... I won 't be able to race, ( though maybe the pull, if I can still get everything togrether in time )... I just got out of St. Marys hospital, in Rochester ( on hard drugs, note the spelling & etc... )... last Sunday, after another hard training session on the quad, i decided to take a cool down ride on my KLR 650 ( 2 wheeler )... after stipping off all my sweaty safety gear, & grabbing the little dog, I started a leisurly cool down ride oln the bike...the dog rides with me often, but not usually with his leash on... the leash got caught in the chain, pulling the dog off ( he's in much better condition than I am )... this pulled me sideways, & spun my front wheel to full lock, going about 35 mph on the paved road...this flipped me over the handle bars... all the practice dismounts on my quad, paid off, as my head is in the best shape... but the bike flipped on top of me like a mouse trap, & litterallly smashed my right foot...I think a total of 11 broken bones, just in my right foot... a broken collar bone on my right side, & a badly bruised & sprained left hand...have mepretty laid up right now i had the fisrt of 2 or 3 surgeries on my foot the other day... the want to space them out, to get the swelling down betwen operations

O.M.W... any way to get the resistration mony back ???...if not, youn could let another team race... I considered getting a rider to replace me, but i"m jut too ripped up to get the 750 kit in & bug free for the race...maybe the pull ????

time for a nap...talk later...WAM

Old 10-16-2003, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

WAM.....sorry to hear of the accident.

All the best with the operations. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Good luck and keep us posted.......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2003, 05:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey WAM...SOrry to hear about your accident. Hope you rebound quick. How long are you going to be out?

I hope that the operations go smoothly and you come out of this 100%

Friesen

Old 10-16-2003, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

Wow, that sucks Mike,,, hope you can at least make it down to see some of the action!

Old 10-16-2003, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

Well, that is terrible news Mike. What a stroke of misfortune.

Take your time and heal up good.

Bob

Quick Reply: 12hrs of ATV America