Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Belt adjustment on VForce 700

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 03:16 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Belt adjustment on VForce 700

hello everyone,

We are the pround new owners of a V. I have learned a lot on here reading all the posts but I still have a question. How do you check/adjust the belt tension? I am a mechanic (aircraft mech) so I think I can handle this job if no special tools are required. Also the dealership told me to bring it back for a 10 hour service. What do they do then? Do I really need it or can I just do it myself?
Thanks.

Old 09-21-2003, 03:30 AM
Pro Rider

NYROCS

Old 09-21-2003, 05:38 AM
Range Rover

Hi 99tjrockcrawler
When I bought my V the dealer told me the same thing
they said the oil needed to be changed,air filter cked,diff fluid changed,and the valves adjusted.
Well im a auto tech at a dealer and know how dealers often upsale service (saying something is required more often than the mfg says it is) this is there right no harm in this because the mfg ussually lists service as "reccomended" and not required so dealers do this.
1st thing I did after getting my V is started looking for a service manual because I will have to work on it sooner than later and being a tech myself rarely trust any one else working on something of mine (only time that im taking mine back to dealer is if there's something major happen while still under warr)
so I found a service manual on ebay it comes on a disk and only cost 3.99$ looks like what they did is scanned every page in the service manual book and saved it on a disk in pdf format (acrobat reader) but its very nice just print out what you want and you can search it too easliy
So what I'm getting to here is I'm going strictly per the service manual which is ussually the best thing and per the service manual it say's
1st service after 10 hrs or 100km (60miles)
inspect air cleaner
insp throttle lever play
cable adjustment
insp fuel sys cleanliness
change oil and filter
clean and gap plugs
clean radiator
insp joint boots
insp rear brake pedal and lever play
tighten nuts and bolts
insp front brake wear
insp brake light switch
insp steering
change diff fluid
note: Service more frequently when operated in mud,dust,or other harsh riding conditions,or when
carrying heavy loads or pulling a trailer
and oh yeah go to ebay do a search on kfx 700 and same dude is still there with more copies of the manual for 3.99 ea
Cya Doc.
Also I would reccomend buying all necisary fluids,filters,and any thing else needed from the dealer you would take it to for warranty repairs and saving the receipts just in case something happens to it and they say well you didnt service it so it wont be covered you can have the receipts for purchasing the items to show them and keep a pretty acurate log showing when and what you did coresponding with the receipts you got so they cant say no.

Old 09-21-2003, 05:41 AM
Range Rover

Also the manual will show you how to do every thing to the quad you can think of
And the ck belt light will come on after 100hrs of riding this doesnt mean theres something wrong with it
it is built into the quad so you have to ck the belt every 100hours and you must reset the light so you need the manual to reset it
I got that manual which is a Buy now type of auction and had it at my house in like 3-4 days.

Old 09-21-2003, 11:57 AM
Trailblazer

thanks everyone