Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Still up in the air over a P700 vs. Rincon purchase

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 06:56 PM
Guz
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still up in the air over a P700 vs. Rincon purchase

For what it's worth I recently purchased a P700. I had a honda 450es and wanted to upgrade. After many hours of research, visiting dealers, test driving, discussions, etc... the P700 was the best all around machine for my needs. I too was skeptical of belt driven systems, but I honestly never owned one to make the determination on my own. I was prejudice without even giving the machine a shot. Well I must say this machine is awesome- it is like I never rode until I got in the saddle of this v-twin. Loads of power- it can work and play with any machine out there. I can not speak for the long term as of yet, but as previous posts have stated dealership service/reputation should have some importantance in the equation. Unfortunately, there are some lemons within each manufacture. DirtWheels and ATV Action (October issues) both reviewed the P700 and couldn't say enough about it. I do not regret going to a belt driven system- with proper maintance and care it should provide me many care free hours of fun and work. NYROC web site has many helpful tips for prairies including belt tips/prevention. Also when visiting different dealers within a 3 state area (travel a ton with work) every time I compared the P700 to the Rincon they directed me to the P700. These are dealers that sell all three big boys- Grizz, Prairie and Rincon. For my applications they said I would be complaining about the Rincon not having enough work capabality- but it is a nice comfortable trail riding quad. (I know certain manufacture reps have dealers push there quad, but were still talking 6 - 8 dealers (if I remember correctly) recommending the P700). This was more for the work capabilty - I pull a 60inch mower weekly, a 20 cubic yard cart and will plow with it this winter. The P700 doesn't even blink when performing these choirs. Best part about it is I never imagined how much fun it would be to ride after the work. Good luck- big purchase and you want to make it count.
GUZ