Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Primary spring test, final results.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Primary spring test, final results.

Well, first of all, higher speed doesnt always mean faster times. All I can say is if you did it in 6.1 sec then thats great. Your stock P650 is much faster than mine, even with all the work I did to it.

Old 10-03-2003, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

6.1 seconds is suspect. With all the testing I have done with my P700 I have not gotten near that.

Besides, we can't compared times on different tracks with different timers and put much validity to it. Even the manual timing for the testing we have done makes the results less reliable because of the error factor introduced.

For example, if one measured 10x30 then that has more inherent error than 3x100ft.

If we all got together and raced then we would see a truer picture. Not that it matters anyway.

The more we test the better chance we have of finding what really works. We will just have to trudge through the manual timing errors and do the best we can. More test runs will help the average. All results should be considered properly and not taken as "gospel".

Old 10-04-2003, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KISSSOFDEATH
Well, first of all, higher speed doesnt always mean faster times. All I can say is if you did it in 6.1 sec then thats great. Your stock P650 is much faster than mine, even with all the work I did to it.
kod. i am awar about higher speed does not mean faster time. its just that it sorta wants to make you think that if a 660 grizz was there it would have ate me alive . But we all know thats not the case.
One time i was out riding with my two cousins and my sister at a canal that is government property, there wasa guy on a 660 up there riding his piped grizz660. I when up to him and was like u wanna race He looks at me and says " you got your pink slip" (at this time i had all of my mods) I look at him and i say "your kidding right" he says "no you got your slip" so i sit there for like 10 seconds thinking how cool it would be to have a 660 and a 650. So after im dun thinking i look him in the face and say" na i dont want to take your quad lets just race." so we get rolling to aboout 5mph. (WE ARE RACING ON LOOS DIRT COVERD WITH GRAVEL SO NEARLY NO TRACTION. HE HAS DIRT DEVELS I HAVE A REPLICA STOCK TIRE) So we gun it i pull a half a quad length instanly. then he catches me and get about 6 inches in front of me now we are doing about 40mph my tires hook up and i pull 2 quad lenghts on him by the time i hit 50mph then he shuts down. Then when we are dun he says " is that the 650 V-twin"i say" Yep i wouldnt race you if i had the 360 im not stuiped" then i whent home and told my uncle......WHATS THE MORAL OF THIS ....... I DONT KNOW I JUST LIKE TELLING PEOPLE HOW slow THE 660 IS......... i just wish i would have raced him in 4wd he would see nothing but dust for days.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-04-2003, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

Well one thing is for sure,...if you had been in 4wd Im 100% positive you would have beaten him worse than you did.

That 6.1 on a stock P650 in 2wd still amazes me. I went back and checked my notebook, the best times I had was 6.28 and that happend back to back with the Red spring in 4wd.

Old 10-06-2003, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

KOD,
I noticed that you said above that the Dalton Blue spring resulted in a loss of 3mph at top-speed. Did you test the other springs at top-speed, and if so, did you notice if the other springs had any gains or losses versus the stock P650 spring? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I'm just curious if the Dalton Blue was the only spring to lower your top-speed.

Old 10-06-2003, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KISSSOFDEATH

That 6.1 on a stock P650 in 2wd still amazes me. I went back and checked my notebook, the best times I had was 6.28 and that happend back to back with the Red spring in 4wd.
KOD the 6.1 was in 4x4 but it was in dirt and not on asphult.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-07-2003, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

My runs were not on asphalt either, they were all ran in dirt.