Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

epi bright green spring

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default epi bright green spring

http://www.daltonindustries.com/welcome.htm

That is the website. I used the pink spring from EPI and was pleased with the results...on a stock muffler. With the duals, the pink doesn't load the engine hard enough to get the power out. A heavier spring 180 plus is what will run great. The only issue is getting a nice 1.5" number (180 lbs plus) but keeping a lower engagement so you are not snapping the CVT into engagement. I have ordered a Polaris brown and would like to get a HPD plain as well. I like the specs on both springs. The Dalton weights are 58.5 grams as per the digital scale. About 2 grams more than stock. The idea is they are adjustable with the ability to mount "rivits" on the middle or end of the weights to change shift rates. Look at their website to see what I mean. I think an HPD plain with the Dalton weights and 2.77 gram rivits on the outer holes may be the ticket. The added weight to the outside of the levers ( Dlaton weights) will aid in closing the clutches quicker with less RPM as there is more weight ( overcoming the harsh engagement) but once the engine loads up, the rivits now have less effect and the base 58 gram weight will now work well in the midrange. You WILL lose a little top end but for trails and cross country, you are never flat out pinned for long any who. I will post my findings once I get the new springs.

Changing the weights is easy. Remove the primary cover. remove the belt. You will see the pins holding the weights with about a 7 (?) mil nut on the end of about a 2 " bolt. Remove the pin andd slip out the weight.

If you need all the torque specs, let me know and I will look them up in my shop manual. All except the 18 (?) mil reverse center nut are torqued quite low. In the inch/lb area.

Go to SweetQuads.com to dowm load the KFX 700 Service Manual in PDF form if you don't have one.

Old 10-20-2003, 03:40 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default epi bright green spring

thanx for you help.
got a polaris brown spring. will try it also.