Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Cleaning a dirty monster

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 02:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning a dirty monster

Wow, 660mmm thats interesting. Thanks for the update. Can you point me to a service bulletin on the web? I checked with an FAA site but nothing? I have never had a problem with paint,plastic or metals but yet again I don't leave it on for hours at a time either!!!!

Old 01-28-2004, 04:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

I knew I would be asked this question. I am not sure if the FAA has a service bulliten for use of commerical houshold clenser on civilan aircraft. I am refering to the joint Air Force, Army, Navy manual entitled "Aircraft Weapons Systems Cleaning and Corrosion Control". It has the Technical manual numbers of NAVAIR 01-1A-509, T.O. 1-1-691, TM 1-1500-344-23. (reference 3-3 Cleaning compounds) The current manual is under revision. Last year I was a participatant in the review process of the new manual. It was a joint AF, Army, Navy review and included several members from many different basses and commands. I represented the NAVAIR Depot and in that 5 day meeting this exact subject was looked into. Material Lab (who is incharge of this manual) stated the effects of use of this and simmular products. It was acknoledged that while they give in many cases superior clensing actions, the adverse effects of them outwieghed the benifets. As of this writting only specific clensing agents were to be used on any aircraft, regardless of military branch. In the upcomming revision, I understand that many houshold agents may be listed by name.

The entire jist of this message is I highly reccomend the use of clensing agents that are specificly made for the end use. Again, this and many other products are excellent for their intented use and I in no way am saying not to use them for their intented use, nor am I saying that they are bad, again for the specified use.

If you are interested, I suggest you find a copy of the reference manual.

Mike

Old 01-28-2004, 04:11 PM
Trailblazer

Military Technical Orders....aka T.O.'s I remember reading many of those and doing the many t.o. changes. What a deal and a pain in the butt.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-30-2004, 10:07 AM
Trailblazer

thanks for the info 660mmm. I won't use it as much as I do now. The only thing I use it for is to clean the break dust off of the back brake, and clean the dirt off of the sproket. Thanks alot man!!!!!!