Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Web cam or Penland cam

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 01:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Web cam or Penland cam

Dunlap...lmao...wet woods...good one...and BTW...I dont even smell smoke yet..did you strike a match...or did it get blown out by all the riders leaving your camp...Duvall..PArker...Shelly...Kilby...now thats a flame...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] WInning races does sell parts...it opens doors...its helps promote your product..or your sponsors product....and gets you Factory rides..but I guess none of that is important eh...not good for business...nah..didnt think so...if you have plenty of business..good for ya...but you might want to rethink some of the "truths" you are speaking ..for instance..do you grind your own cams..make your own pistons...bend your own springs..didnt think so...you may spec them out.have them made..slap your FST label put on them...just like everyone else.
Mike doesnt win races?...nah..only enuf of them to win 10 GNCC titles...plus all the other races he has won..BAJA..12 Hours...etc..Kilby is a great rider...no doubt..nice guy...and I am sure Mike is proud to have him as a Team Member..Brock was smokin everyone last year..till the accident..PBR sure seems to be on a role..but I guess they just dont know how to build or tune engines...get real...your true colors are coming out.

Old 02-10-2004, 01:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

PrairieWrench...you are correct...I had initialy included you by mistake in my rant and after I reread your post..I had taken it out of context...and thought I had removed most of the "both" references..sorry if I missed a few...and I apologize for the mix up. And yes..I was referring to the pic in Dirtwheels...that had a caption that didnt go along with the pic..I found it quite amusing...altho I understand some folks didnt...lmao.

Old 02-10-2004, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

Sprayed,

I will try to make this simple and clear so you understand it - Penland is selling the same cam that Web sells. That's a whole lot different than what I do. Read the rest of the posts so you understand exactly what I said instead of shooting your mouth off and looking stupid. The only reason Penland won the Baja 1000 is because there is no one else in his class. When he went there riding a Wolverine, I asked him how many people were in the class; his reply to me was "I don't know". How many times do you go to a race and don't know how many people are in your class especially when it is zero? The point is I can go on and on about little things like this and why Penland go fired from my race team in the first place but I didn't come on here to bash him; I came on here to answer a few simple questions. You can keep it going on if you want and I will just keep telling more truths about Penland; it will just make him look worse and I would rather not have to do it because it doesn't make me look any better but I won't let any crap go on either. As far a Chad Duvall, all the races he won didn't do Four Stroke Tech any good. Every time I sold a 500EX motor, I asked people if they wanted a Chad Duvall 500 and they would reply "I don't know, I just want one like what's in the magazine article". So it's magazine articles that get peoples' attention - not winning races or big names - in my business anyway. If you think you know more about my business then maybe I should hire you as a PR guy (lol). I know exactly where my business comes from and 99% of it is from Dirt Wheels and that's where I am going to put my advertising money - not into some rider. The only reason we race is to test our products to make them better for our customers - period.

Old 02-10-2004, 05:43 PM
Trailblazer

MX700,

What is a 411 Mohave? Specs....just curious.

Old 02-10-2004, 07:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Mickey..I will type slowly so your jaded eyes can comprehend..I guess no one races in the stock utility classes in GNCC either...or at Fort Dodge....no wonder he has it so easy...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Like I said..strap up and come ride...before you try and dawg someone out. As far as being your PR guy..that was funny..good to see you can still LOL....really it was. You do your thing..I am sure Mike will continue to do his thing by winning race's...building engines and tuning them. As I said before results count....in my eyes more than a magazine add.and Kawasaki must feel the same way..hmm..how many years has he been a Team Green member....and I know its the same for other folks to.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Before I shell out $ I want to know its race proven....been thru the testing...wont melt down...and even ride a set up close to what I am thinking about...seat of the pants test if you will...I dont doubt your engine building skills..or your products..I respect what you have done...I just dont like it when folks bash someone for no reason. You guys have history together..and its obvious you still harbor bad blood for him and the other folks that you have parted ways with. Nuff said.....flame away..

Old 02-10-2004, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider

Mr.Mickey Dunlap is right about Dirtwheels magazine. It is were I read about the Prairie in the first place. The Prairie was their ATV of the year so I bought a Prairie. Mike Penland races a Prairie but I heard about him for the first time in Dirtwheels (it's a bonus having Mike Penland drive the Prairie, but it was Dirtwheels that convinced me first). Then, the Prairie projects, buyers guide for Prairie aftermarket products were I bought most of them after reading Dirtwheels. First cams I saw in dirtwheels for the Prairie were the PBR ones, so I bought them. After the Monster 800 Prairie, now since I read that I now I have to buy the FST 750 Big bore kit. Mostly all Atv enthusiast have a subscription to Dirtwheels. So, if I had to invest money for my ATV products publicity, it would also have to be in Dirtwheels magazine that's were we first hear about most of the products we want to buy.

Old 02-10-2004, 10:39 PM
Trailblazer

I've been reading these post for a while and all I had was a simple question. I guess it got answered but bickering about who is who is crazy. I know people who have Mike Penland stuff and I know several people who have Mickey Dunlap 785 kits. I also believe that doing your homework and researching mods will save time and money by helping each other, not getting into pissing contest about who is better than someone else. Facts are facts, opinions are like buttholes - everyone has one - no one likes how someone elses smells.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2004, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

First let me say that I own 1/2 of PrairieWench's team and we appreciate everything Mickey Dunlap has done for us as well as every other sponsor who made it possible for us to race the 12-Hours of ATV America this past year. Thanks Mickey!!! Second, let me say that I also personally know all of the PBR team members. Finally l am also one of the owners of the 12-Hours of ATV America in Fort Dodge. Now all of my cards are on the table face up so I'll speak my piece.

Personally I feel both Mickey and Mike have both contributed a lot to our sport and I respect them both for their dedication and commitment. Not many after market manufactures pay much attention to the utility class when it comes to racing and these two very fine individuals have put the utility class on the map. Without them we would not have riders the caliber of Scott Kilby racing the Utility class! I am one of the few people who know the history between Mickey and Mike and I do my very best to remain neutral because the utility class would not be where it is today with out both of them and in different respect both of them in their own way. There is a tremendous amount of knowledge and talent between these two gentlemen and I wish I could go back in time and change history, but unfortunately that can not be done. So for now we have to accept the fact that both Mickey and Mike have knowledge and experience to offer our sport and they are dedicated to the utility class. They may travel different roads but they both want to make the Utility Class a class that people respect and support.

I agree that Scott Kilby is with out a doubt the best utility rider - PERIOD! Mickey is right that Scott could ride a stock machine to victory in the mod class with relative ease! If you ever have an opportunity to watch Scott ride by all means don’t pass it up. He is a tremendous rider and an outstanding individual.

Everyone has opinions and unfortunately today’s forums provide an impersonal out let to express those opinions. When you don’t have to look at the person in the eye it is a lot easier to say things that you would not say if you were having the same discussion face to face. Forums make it way to impersonal and topics can easily get out of control which is obvious what has happen here.

If most of you haven’t figured out who I am by know all you have to do is look at my bio. So in the interest of the Utility class I say let’s be kinder to each other because the bottom line is that you could enter 30 teams on identical quads in the GNCC Utiltity Classes, The 12-Hours of ATV America or any other race for that matter and each year odds are you would have a different winner. The bottom line is no matter who’s products we choose to use or how much preparation and attention to detail we put into preparing the machines, Lady Lucky will be the deciding factor on who the winner is in any given year and this not only goes for the Utility Class but every class in every race across America. Lady Luck is the most powerful force you can have behind you and if you don’t believe me all you have to do is spend six months putting together a team and a quad and come race the 12-Hours of ATV America on October 30th. I promise you, you will have an entirely different prospective on endurance racing, besides I would love to have a full field in the Utility Class in 2004. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Mickey, I hope I have the opportunity to meet you in person this coming weekend at the Indy Dealer Expo. When I stop by the Maxxis Tire booth I will reach out and shack Mike’s hand and if we meet, which I hope we do, it would be an honor to reach out and shack yours as well. As far as I am concern you are both ambassadors of our sport, particularly the often overlooked Utility class.

Old 02-11-2004, 12:43 AM
Range Rover

Well stated, Oldman.

My only beef with Mr. Dunlap was that instead of contributing sound technical data that would benefit the ATVconnection forums, he was slighting PBR and making light of Mike's accomplishments....."if you don't have anything positive to contribute (or to call b.s. on some "technical data"), then don't post" is the way I look at it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2004, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider

Sprayed 650,
I thought that was the picture you was refering to and now I will clear the air on that one myself! I'm the owner of the quad in that picture, at the time of the 12 hour race the ONLY thing from FST on my quad was the stickers!!! Mickey has never even seen my quad in person! I called Mickey before the race and asked if there was anything he could do to help me in my quest to win the 12 Hour race! He was hesitant at first because me and my team are nobodys, just some local guys with a dream! Mickey finally gave in and said he would help cutting me a deal on a big bore kit! I was thrilled that he would even help in any way!
The engine we ran was a BONE STOCK 700 that I borrowed from Oldmanwheeler so we could run the race! The reason behind that is because I let a local machine shop do the task of boring my cylinders for the big bore. Well, to make a long story short,,, they F*#%*& everything up because instead of doing as Mickey told them to do,,, they did it the way they thought it should be done and I ended up with broken sleeves. It was absolutly in no way Mickeys fault but he sent me new sleeves and rings for FREE but it was too late to get it together in time for the race!
The funny thing is that our main sponsor was Diamond G Racing but Dirt Wheels went for the more known name of FST and even better, they knew that there was nothing from FST on the quad but they printed that anyway!!!! Imagine that!!! I'd also like to clear up the no match thing, my team of local boys were doing great and the lap times were right up there with PBR until my tether took a crap and we went down 2 laps but we still finished in third. I don't care what dirt wheels or anyone else says, we ran a hell of a race with a STOCK machine against some of the best racers in the nation and I'm proud of my team!
So, Sprayed 650, don't be trying to bash on Mickey about the 12 hour race and that picture, all he did was try to help me out! One more thing,,,, where did you finish in that race? Maybe you can make it to the next 12 hour race, I know we will be back!

Last of all, THANK YOU MICKEY for all the help you have provided me and my team with!!!!

Quick Reply: Web cam or Penland cam