Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

new v-force help

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004 | 06:08 PM
|
Range Rover
Default new v-force help

I am a proud owner of a new 04 v-force 700 and am wanting to mod it.. my first instinct is exaust.. is there anything i need to do along with it or can i mod it one piece at a time.. i intend to mod it piece by peice as im on a family budget... also what are some quick inexpensive mods that i can do.. if anyone can point me in the direction of some good websites for modding id appreciate that..

Old 02-07-2004 | 08:22 PM
Trailblazer
Default new v-force help

Well if ur gonna ad exaust u need to get a filter to I recomend the hard style kfx 700 air filter kit Ive heard good things about it.

Old 02-07-2004 | 08:45 PM
|
Range Rover
Default new v-force help

im currently looking at this system but unclear on the whole jet issue is this a requirment or just helpfull to achive the most HP gain.. http://www.hmfengineering.com/kawivforce.html and yes of course i intend to let my girl breath in better as well as out.. as you can see im a novice at this but am receptive to any sugestions..

Old 02-07-2004 | 09:01 PM
Range Rover
Default new v-force help

I think that the best first mod is the primary clutch spring. For under 30 bucks including shipping you can change out to a spring that will give you better acceleration with no sacrifice whatsoever. Of course I'm talking about the EPI pink spring, on which you can find many posts. As far as exhausts, you can read about many different ones right here in the Kawi forum, but my .02 is that Team Green is probably on to something with the DMC Aliens, and in fact DMC says you get the best performance with the stock air intake system. All you need (according to DMC) is to rejet and they have a specific recommendation for jet size.

I'm starting to think that my quad needs not a lick more power for the type of riding I do. What I'd like to do is save my money and get some Elka shocks, those things are bad ***. How can you not love them? They lower the ride height, while increasing suspension travel. Incredible.

Old 02-07-2004 | 09:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default new v-force help

I have put the DMC's on mine. I had to rejet to get the most out of the system. I also recently installed the hard style air filter. My next step will be the tranny. I am considering the kit from Dalton.

Old 02-07-2004 | 09:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default new v-force help

OOPS, The clutch kit I am looking at is from Duncan not Dalton

Old 02-07-2004 | 09:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default new v-force help

I agree with flashturbo, the best bang for your buck is a primary spring swap. Dalton, HPD, EPI. Also check out Rockymountain for anything else you may want.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2004 | 09:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default new v-force help

Where is everyone getting these "Hard Style" air filters (I'm assuming they are the ones with the aluminum top to them that I saw in an ATV mag.)......is there a web site to look at them? Thanks.

Old 02-07-2004 | 10:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default new v-force help

I also say spring for clutch...But! I went with the red seemed to pull harder and faster..IMO..Also went with the DMC exaust..I had to rejet the front to a 138 but it seems good..I must warn you these pipes are extremely loud borderline obnoctious..(dont think I spelt that right..Please no corrections....Anyway I love them but my neighbors think I am nuts!....
And my next Mod is the Elka Shocks....

Old 02-07-2004 | 10:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default new v-force help

I installed the Elkas today. They are incredible.

You can get those air filter power kits on ebay for like $89. It looks like the exact same one advertised in the mags for $130. Seems kinda pricey for a K&N and an aluminum top plate.

Quick Reply: new v-force help