Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Does anyone in here own a tecate besides me???

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004 | 07:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Does anyone in here own a tecate besides me???

igot an 87 tevate 4 stock as hell very unreliable but its a speed demon

Old 04-17-2004 | 11:49 AM
Pro Rider

I know this sounds silly but how hard or what would it take to put a kx 250 engine into the mojave frame?

Old 05-01-2004 | 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

killerkx, can u post pics of your quads??

Old 08-08-2004 | 01:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

uhhh im 14 here n juss got my tecate 250 today its freakin awsome any one no were i can get good exhuast?

Old 08-09-2004 | 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

'87 T-4 project for me. So far I have spent way too much money! They are a fun machine though! Now, If Herrmann racing would just get my a-arms made.......

Old 11-25-2005 | 08:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hello guys
i own a TECATE 3 87mod.
i bought it in early 90s when i was 16 years old, used in mint condition and i still have it.
i didnt ever wanted to sell it because i was in love with it.actually now that iam 32 years old iam still in love with it!I was known as the wheelieman, since the front tire very rarely was touching the ground.i have broken many silencers because of that. (arrow i was using)
i even won one of the few races, that took place here in Greece in 92
honda 250r never came to Greece.only Yamaha TRI Z and tecate KXT250(talking about fast trikes and not 4x4 tractors)the tecate was far faster than the tri z.
after 5 years being in the garage i decided to rebuild it just a few days ago and i hope that next week i will be riding it again!

Old 01-28-2006 | 04:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

i had an 86 for a while and it put one HECK of a hurtin on me! i was being an idiot and took mine for a spin w/out a helmet......BIG NO-NO.......spent 2 1/2 weeks in the hospital w/ massive head trauma back in jan. 03 and to this day i have no clue WTF happened. but i will most definately say it was one of the baddest bikes i've EVER rode. when i bought it, it had 20 hrs on the rebuild (new sleve+piston+rings, stock bore) and it was fully ported and polished. it had sat for a minute and the fire was really weak, but i turned out it was only a grounding problem. then, it would EAT spark plugs and DRINK fuel. turned out the previous owner had it bored out BIG before he rebuilt it and had put a bigger jet in the carb. so i downsized the jet some and it became a totally diff bike-INSANE! i had to fight to keep the front tire on the ground in all 5 gears! a buddy of mine had a blaster and we'd go backroading all the time and i could run circles around that bike like it was nothing. no compairson, i know, but hey we had a blast! when i got out of the hospital after i wrecked it,
i had some coridination and memory probs but i sill made my dad stop and pick it up from where it was on the way home! it had a twist throttle and a straight pipe (talk about LOUD) and when i wrecked it, i guess it flipped over on top of me and revved-up till it ran the carb dry ( i'm guessing???) and thats how they found me, the noise of it revving-up. i was home almost 2 weeks and was back on it, but as soon as i rode it, maybe 5 min., i could tell something wasn't right and as i was taking back to park it the motor bit the dust. took it apart--piston in many pieces, rod bent at nearly at a *90--not good. by the looks of it, it looks like things got HOT when i wrecked it and wrapped out. but i remember riding it earlier that day and it was running like a striped a** ape! you couldn't run it thru the gears fast enough. and the power -- WHOA! i've never rode ANYTHING w/ ***** like that thing had!! but i wound up selling it cause parts aren't easy to come by for those things, and besides, i know me and it i'd have got it fixed i'd be hurtin again!

Old 01-29-2006 | 04:48 AM
Range Rover

you've been diggin' deep!?