Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Prairie 360 update and warning

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prairie 360 update and warning

4 hour ride on saturday and bike performed almost flawlessly. Engine ran like a champ the whole time although I am now questioning the diala jet---I did not rejet but hoped my mods would make me lean enough to utilize diala jet---I tried all positions and no change whatsoever---DOES ANYBODY NOTICE ANY DIFFERENCE WITH DIALA JETS???? IF YOU DO---PLEASE COMMENT AND I WILL TRY A SMALLER SIZE JET---IF---MAYBE WE ARE JUST IMAGINING THAT Dia A JETS WORK---MAYBE JUST ANOTHER GIMMICK??????? GIMME SOME FEEDBACK, but mine dont work!-------If i would downsize jets, would bike run any better??Or would it run the same as it does without dial a jet?? Anybody wanna buy a good never used dial a jet---LOL---checked plug and it is burnin good.

I am over my cabin fever and urge to make 360 go any faster---rode with about 6 other bikes---2 Polaris 500 and Honda Rincons and was on their asses all day, no problem---lots of rocks---rocky hills and snow in them thar mountains--but 360 ran like an ace. I do not think I am going to mess with cams or compression--like I say--bike ran to good.

PROBLEM==== Got hung up on a stump and threw front of bikeinbrush---had to pull sticks out of oil cooler and went through but did not hurt cooler but did take out some fins. ALSO=== After that little stunt i looked down on snow and i saw oil dripping---seems our oil filters are totally unprotected----stumpp smashed filter and was leaking---fortunately I was able to tighten filter to stop leak --and metal around filter did not tear---but lotsa silver showwin on filter---have a walmart filter on and it proved itself to me----I am fabbing a new oil cooler screen out of perforated stainless and making it high priority to get a skid plate--Rockymountain atv has one for the 360 unless someone knows where to get better or cheaper.

MORAL of Story: (as told to me before) Buy a 700 if you want to go fast--a 360 if you want to get there safelyLOL

Old 03-15-2004, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider

Got down sat on a bench, I was hoping you were going to keep experimenting to find that "magical" mod for the 360, dont give up yet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2004, 07:27 PM
Trailblazer

Ricochet Full Chassis Skid Plates from rocky mountain is the only way to go.

Old 03-16-2004, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

The Ricochet plates are very nice!! I about punctured my p700 oil filter by bending the stock skid plate up into it.