Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

KFX700 good trail quad

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 09:43 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KFX700 good trail quad

Gotta admit it, the V-Force is the first quad I've ever owned....ridden a few different quads over the years, but this is the first one I was willing to part with some serious cash for. I LOVE IT! First day out at a new park in our area and I come up on this hill...'bout 150 ft long, 45deg at the bottom, 60deg for the last 40-50 ft, and I just breeze right over it...shortly there after, 2 more, increasingly difficult...in appearance, at least...the V-Monster eats 'em alive!
Later that day, on another "lap" I come to that first hill again....man and son trying to get over, so I just pull over and watch. Dad on his Grizzly, half way....and stuck, backs it down. Son and his Wolverine, half way...and stuck. This goes on for at least 2 more tries each, so I politely ask, if they'd mind if I might get a chance?????? "WHAT????? With a 2 wheel drive???????" I get asked......Uhhhhh, yeah I responds, if you don't mind.
Anyway, I starts up the V-Monster, and just to make it interesting, I pull up to the bottom of the hill, stop, look up it, turn to look at the Father son team, and ease on the gas. Up we go, right to where they were getting stuck, mind you, I haven't spun a tire yet! But being just a bit of an "old fart," it's right where they were having problems.....I nailed it....roosting all the way across the top....LAUGHING MY #$S OFF!
Saw 'em pulling out later, when I returned...something about the trails being too difficult....

So to make a long story short....I'm 51 years young, 6 foot, 265lbs...I ride this thing in tight woods sections, to wide open fire roads. Use the throttle to turn it in the tight stuff, and don't look back. It's the most fun I've had in years.....at least with my clothes on!

kliff

Old 05-03-2004, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: kliff
Gotta admit it, the V-Force is the first quad I've ever owned....ridden a few different quads over the years, but this is the first one I was willing to part with some serious cash for. I LOVE IT! First day out at a new park in our area and I come up on this hill...'bout 150 ft long, 45deg at the bottom, 60deg for the last 40-50 ft, and I just breeze right over it...shortly there after, 2 more, increasingly difficult...in appearance, at least...the V-Monster eats 'em alive!
Later that day, on another "lap" I come to that first hill again....man and son trying to get over, so I just pull over and watch. Dad on his Grizzly, half way....and stuck, backs it down. Son and his Wolverine, half way...and stuck. This goes on for at least 2 more tries each, so I politely ask, if they'd mind if I might get a chance?????? "WHAT????? With a 2 wheel drive???????" I get asked......Uhhhhh, yeah I responds, if you don't mind.
Anyway, I starts up the V-Monster, and just to make it interesting, I pull up to the bottom of the hill, stop, look up it, turn to look at the Father son team, and ease on the gas. Up we go, right to where they were getting stuck, mind you, I haven't spun a tire yet! But being just a bit of an "old fart," it's right where they were having problems.....I nailed it....roosting all the way across the top....LAUGHING MY #$S OFF!
Saw 'em pulling out later, when I returned...something about the trails being too difficult....

So to make a long story short....I'm 51 years young, 6 foot, 265lbs...I ride this thing in tight woods sections, to wide open fire roads. Use the throttle to turn it in the tight stuff, and don't look back. It's the most fun I've had in years.....at least with my clothes on!

kliff
The V climbs hills the best this way! I love to pull up onto the base of the hill and then nail it! It goes faster and faster all the way to the top!

Old 05-04-2004, 02:27 PM
Range Rover

I have made up my mind pretty much that I am going to get a v-force. The next question is the price of the freakin exhaust. I know it can't be cheap, What kind should I get. I DON"T LIKE REAL LOUD PIPES. I ride in places where a real loud ipe can get you in trouble real quick and a quiet pipe is better.
The next question is where to buy it at. I live in New Albany, IN close to Louisville. Everywhere around here is asking 6499. WAY TOO MUCH. I want to be out the door for about 5699 to 5899. I am willing to drive up to about 3 hours to get one. Let me know how much you local dealers are asking for one. Thanks

Old 05-04-2004, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BIGBLAZER
I have made up my mind pretty much that I am going to get a v-force. The next question is the price of the freakin exhaust. I know it can't be cheap, What kind should I get. I DON"T LIKE REAL LOUD PIPES. I ride in places where a real loud ipe can get you in trouble real quick and a quiet pipe is better.
The next question is where to buy it at. I live in New Albany, IN close to Louisville. Everywhere around here is asking 6499. WAY TOO MUCH. I want to be out the door for about 5699 to 5899. I am willing to drive up to about 3 hours to get one. Let me know how much you local dealers are asking for one. Thanks
dont know about a place to buy one but i hear the muzzy pipe is real good and quieter than most others, do a search you will find pics of it on here. it is also one of the less pricey pipes out there, i think it is less than 400.00

you will love the quad, its the best trail quad out there IMO.............

Old 05-04-2004, 04:32 PM
Trailblazer

I was having a big delima about buying the V at first. I've always ridden manual clutch bikes and quads, my last one being a 500 quadzilla. I chose the V because I wanted something that my wife could ride also (Automatic). After buying the V I'll admit at first I wished I would have bought a yfz. But after riding the V for a year I wouldn't trade it for the world! I've done a few mods including intake,exhaust,clutching and this thing hauls! Granted it will never have the top end that gearboxes have but then again I can put around my yard at 3mph with my 6 year for hours just like a utility quad. I've actually grown to like the auto when riding trails. It's nice to be able to stop then just blip the throttle to cross a log or climb a real technical hill. Don't get me wrong my V is still fast, I can beat my buddies banshee (Stock) all the way until he hits sixth then he barely passes me and only pulls a couple quad lenghts from me (This is across fields, dirt roads, and sand w/o paddles, on pavement he holds me off most of the time but not by much). Anyway don't listen to what magazines say about the V, a $15 spring from epi or dalton can get you running with raptors and depending how much money you want to spend the sky is the limit with that 700 motor (No replacement for displacement)!