Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

gaff, clover, 98lakota, big chris, bayou/lakota owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 04:58 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gaff, clover, 98lakota, big chris, bayou/lakota owner

clover,
I put it back together and it seems to be alright. Thanks alot for the help. Need to know 2 things though:
1. what could happen if i run it with the clutch on the wrong way(how would i know if it isnt on right?
2. when i put the pressure plate onto the hub, the index marks just wouldnt line up exactly straight no matter which way i put it on, but it did fit..... is this a problem...........( the pressure plate would only fit on the hub 1 way out of the 4 ways i tried putting it on)

newduck,
How do your sur traks work, i was thinking of getting a pair.
Also, do you have any suggestions for a new front tire.....im still running slippery stock.

Old 08-06-2004, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

tmaxx you have to have it on right because there is only one way to put it on and you'll know if its good when you ride.I've put it on wrong the very first time i changed the clutch and it wouldn't even go into gear.Remember to adjust the clutch.I'm glad you got it right,if you ever need anything else just give me holla.

Old 08-06-2004, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

i took a pic of what stock looks like so tmaxx you can look in my pics section once the moderators aprove it. my sur tracs work great love them. matters what you want out of a front tire i have a kings trail claw(see in the pics) and it will stop on any thing but it slows you down in the sand and when in mud they like to clog up andnot clean out intel you get them spinning fast. i am thinking about buying the tires that the predator has on the front made by maxxis but i dont recal the name. do you have a t-maxx

Old 08-06-2004, 05:47 PM
Range Rover

I was thinking of getting fast trekker fronts, do you think they would be good on trails?

I do have a t-maxx. Its the .15 model with a few modds..... (2x4 conversion, maxx masher tires, dual exaust, big bore shocks, and 3 speed tranny) Do you have one?

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP CLOVER!!!!!!

Old 08-06-2004, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

i have also looked at the fast trekker fronts but i dont think they make them anymore i think they would be great on the trails.
i have a 2.5 chassis with a .21bb out of a savage with a spool in the back and a high torque steering servo i also have a nirtro stampede with a ported and polished .15 it runs great wheelies all the time and jumps great

Old 08-06-2004, 06:33 PM
Range Rover

newduck,
you wouldnt happen to still have the clutch cover off would you? I was wondering if there is supposed to be a space between the pressure plate and the clutch housing ( hope so because mine does). Sucks that they dont make the trekkers anymore[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

clover,
One more thing. I remember reading in one post that someone sanded down the centrifical clutch to make it grip better. Where is the centrifical and have you ever herd of doing that. Can you see it in newducks pics?

Old 08-06-2004, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

I havn't ever heard of that before,maybe someone knows,it may help.

Old 08-07-2004, 03:38 PM
Range Rover

clover,
I seem to have another problem. I put everything back together and took it for a ride. There are 2 big problems. First, the clutch is still slipping pretty bad. Second, when i shift down from neutral i dont need to twist the reverse ****....it just goes right into reverse. It also seems to jump a little when i put it in gear.

I tried adjusting the nut and screw on the clutch cover, is this how i am supposed to be doing it......first i loosened the nut, then i turned the screw clockwise until i felt resistance, then i turned it back until there was resistance, then i tightened the nut without moving the screw.

could it be from the springs being put on to tight.......should i have used 2 stock springs and 2 KG?

Old 08-07-2004, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: tmaxx
clover,
First, the clutch is still slipping pretty bad. Second, when i shift down from neutral i dont need to twist the reverse ****....it just goes right into reverse. It also seems to jump a little when i put it in gear.

I tried adjusting the nut and screw on the clutch cover, is this how i am supposed to be doing it......first i loosened the nut, then i turned the screw clockwise until i felt resistance, then i turned it back until there was resistance, then i tightened the nut without moving the screw.

could it be from the springs being put on to tight.......should i have used 2 stock springs and 2 KG?
1st i dont know what to do about the clucth be cause when i tightend it the way you are doing it made it hard to shift(which is not good when climbing a steep hill and trying to down shift)
2nd when it jumps does it idle high?
3rd the thing witht he reverse happened to me after i blew a hole out the side that the sproket comes out of and i had to weld it back together. i tried to ajust it but it always went back so it never worked out and i dont know how to fix it.
4th i have heard of people using 2stock and 2 kg but clover told me not to.