Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Switched to synthetic, gained top end

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switched to synthetic, gained top end

nutsy, if yo were asking me the ? then, kendal is auto oil. in the manual it said to use motor oil in the front diff same as you would use in your motor. and to ? number 2, i was getting ready for work. now im home reading ATVCONNECTION.

Old 09-08-2004, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

I switched from Amsoil to Royal Purple, The problem I had with Amsoil is It seems to get dirty fast? and also I dont like to pay extra to get a discount or be in anyones MLM downline? I also hear they put Multivitamins they cant sell in there Oil?~lol. (Ok thats not ture but a good joke if you know what Im talking about?) I've learned over time to stick with the companys that specilaize in one product. Companys that really focus on doing one thing better then Anyone! is the one to look at. Company's Like Royal Purple, Redline focus on Performance and Oil. Not Vitamins, Laundry Detergent or Lawn and Garden Products? Make the switch, The only time you will be looking back is to see whos behind you..
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] www.royalpurple.com ~coop

www.MarylandATV.com
Prairie 700
Team Green Plastic
Progressive Springs
OMF Beadlocks
Maxxis Big Horns
Dyna CDI
EPI Pink Spring/RED
Twin Air Filter
HMF Penland Exhaust
exhaust wrap
>
Vcams
on the way!
Oh and a Bunch of other Toyz

Old 09-08-2004, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

Jeffro, I didnt know that. Maybe I will stick with what I know works then.

Old 09-09-2004, 10:17 AM
Range Rover

I too just put synthetic oil (Valvoline full synth 20W-50) in my engine and also the front dif. I noticed that (with the front wheels off the ground) I can give one wheel a spin and the other just turns the other way. This is without even holding on to the other wheel. If I hold the other wheel still, I can still spin the other wheel with just a bit of effort.... I unfortunately did not try this before swapping out the dead dinosaur juice, but I am a little concerned that I might have severely limited the limited slip characteristics of my front diff.
I'm also wondering if I should put a bit of that GM limited slip additive in it. I always did that with my '98 Prairie front diff but if ran gear oil.
Seams like there was a spec in the owners manual about how to test the front LS and make sure it is working correctly. I'll have to check that out too.

Old 09-09-2004, 10:28 AM
Range Rover

WOW!! I just went on Valvolines web sight and looked at the specs on thier full synthetic oil. In the FAQ section it very clearly says that synthetic is NOT APPROVED for wet clutch type systems!!!
This would obviously include the LS front diffs on most of our quads. No wonder it makes it so "easy to steer". I'm getting that stuff out of my front diff right away!!!!