Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Who wants a V-Force Carbon fiber hood from Quad-Tech?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who wants a V-Force Carbon fiber hood from Quad-Tech?

I've been in contact with Quad-Tech concerning a carbon Fiber hood for the "V". I suggested it be tall enough for all of us running dual snorkels up under there and for them to have a small "grill".....something like the Carbon Mans but with a bit more styling and quality. If any of you have seen the hoods Quad-Tech makes for other ATV's you would want one right away. They have told me that they are WAY to busy to check out the marketability of this hood but said if I would like to research this for them and produce 50 people that would be interested they would proceed. The price would be in line with there other hoods ($150 to $185) but the quality is OUTSTANDING. Even the little "grills they make to let the air in are billet aluminum. Please contact me through e-mail (mncreid@epix.net) or send me a message through here if you're interested. I'm not looking for a commitment just a "heck ya, I'd be interested in one". Check out their web site (www.quadtech-atv.com) for pics of some of the other hoods they make.....I'm assuming the one they would make for the "V" would look very similar to the one they make for the YFZ-450.

Old 09-08-2004, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Mark, AMAZING job with you kfx I LOVE iT!!!!!!

Just two questions, how does it now sound with the duel exhust (better, too noisy?)

And the larger fuel tank, was it worth it? Can the bike get over 100 milles per tank now?

Old 09-08-2004, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

Daranello75,
Thanks for the compliment. The dual exhaust does sound a bit louder and meaner than the stock pipe when you really jump on it (and we all do). The ProCircuits did give me a noticibal power increase which is the biggest advantage. As far as the larger tank, I have not really put it to the test as far as filling it up and running it till dry. Most of the time when I come in for a breather while riding I top the tank off. I've heard some guys say they are getting 80+ miles to the tank full but a lot depends on the mods you're running and how your jetting is set up.

Old 09-08-2004, 01:17 PM
Trailblazer

If they are planning on making them, make the scoop more toward the upper part. to deflect air into the open space by the thermostat.

those using the dg snorkel or napa hose mod will benefit from this.

also make it reinforced... the carbon man hood cracks at the front where the screw mounts by the scoop.

I want one but I only want QUALITY

and mabye colored carbon fiber???

black & green

Old 09-08-2004, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think we can get near 80 miles on the IMS tank, I wish we could.