Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

NEWDUCK lakota sport vs. Z250 aftermarket Style!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEWDUCK lakota sport vs. Z250 aftermarket Style!

Hey NEWDUCK and everyone else. Styelz and i (vunit) did our race again but with all our mods on. We did a rolling start in second gear and did not max our in 5 but almost. Off the start the Z250 usually jumps ahead when stock but not anymore. For the most part we are dead even until i hit about third or forth gear and then i start to pass him. The outcome to this race is that both of our quads are the same until i hit about high third and then i pass him and beat him on top end. I still have not put in my 13 tooth sproket yet but if anything that will help me out more. We both are going to up date our home page with the new pics we took today so you can see the fun we had.

Old 09-26-2004, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

Hey where is everyone we told you we would keep you updated on our race!!! So we did.

Old 09-26-2004, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

i like the results
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-29-2004, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

sweet. i was kind of disapointed in my pipe but loved the 13 tooth sproket

Old 09-29-2004, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider

NEWDUCK, What kind of pipe did you get? Also why are you unhappy with it. Well if this make you feel better this weekend i messed up my pipe pretty good while doing a wheelie. It is bent side ways and the bottom is bent up and in. I have some pics to. But with a little of Vunit custom work you can't even tell that it happened. But anyway i want to what is wrong with your pipe why you unhappy with it. Also i going to go with the 13 tooth sproket.

Old 10-02-2004, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider

it didnt give me as much power as i thought. i bought a suppertrapp and i run 12 disks

Old 10-02-2004, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

You should have got the DG Xccellerator it's the best for every type of riding.

Old 10-05-2004, 12:26 PM
Trailblazer

is it a complete supertrapp, i have a complete supertrapp and i got serious power gains. i also run 12 discs. i think u will get signifi cantly less power gains if you only have a silencer, cuz then you dont have the volumizer

Old 10-05-2004, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

i have a complete system. i just ordered a way overpriced 330 kit maybe i will be more satisfied with that then with my other mods

Old 10-06-2004, 08:55 AM
Pro Rider

newduck,
If I could suggest look into some tires and clutch upgrade.

The 22's aren't all that for the lakota. I think it was treadepot.com where I use to find all my specs on tires. Usually you hier that poeple want the larger tires on the lakota due to ground clearence issues. But in reallity take the shreader 20's, they are eight pounds lighter per tire and a half inch shorter in profile over stock. (used the shreaders due to those are the only spec I remember)

Imagine sixteen pounds lighter of mass to spin compare to stock.

Alot of the tourque of the engine on the lakota's is lost in the clutch. You can realy feel the clutch when hitting third and mashing the gas, you can here the engine really rev but no pull intill the clutch catches up.

Try replacing the clutch springs with heavier ones (clutch plates to if worn). While the centrifugal drum is off use a dremul or like tool with a medium to heavy sanding drum to clean the glaze and crap off of it. If the centrafugal fly wieghts are pretty worn replace them.

I believe if you pay more attention to the clutch and tires you'll find way more power reaching the rear wheels. Building the engine for more HP usually shows these problems more.

I only tell you this out of the thousands in money and uncountable hours I spent on my lakota for a couple years.

Quick Reply: NEWDUCK lakota sport vs. Z250 aftermarket Style!