Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Can V-force handle the predator in flat drags?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 04:18 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can V-force handle the predator in flat drags?

Straight off the show room floor which quad will dominate in 300 foot races? Take the rider issue out of it. Then in piped and jetted form are the results the same? I am thinking of putting the same amount of effort in the new v-force that i have put in the raptors. Just curious how the v-force starts life from the showroom floor. I never see very many v-forces or predators. I know that the rappy's had no problem laying waste to the few local predators

Old 10-10-2004, 04:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ernie is already playing with pred mods, he's going to be eating you for lunch.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Clutch mods will make a huge difference, even on a stock machine.

Old 10-10-2004, 08:46 PM
Trailblazer

From wat I've seen the pred beats the vforce in a drag but don't know about sand, or hill climbing never seen it to know.

Old 10-10-2004, 10:41 PM
Trailblazer

Ive raced stock preds in the sand. I have duals and a epi pink spring. In 1/4 mile race we were dead even the whole race. In the same race I can beat raptors that are piped and jetted only. 14 min Im suprised that a person who loves raptor as much as you would even give the vforce a second look. It is a nice bike though.

Old 10-10-2004, 11:31 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Rocks- I needed a auto quad for the wife. Might as well give it some power.

Maddog- I will never lose to Ernie's predator. I will make sure of that.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-10-2004, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

14mins...

This question is right up my alley! I regularly ride with someone who rides a piped preddy. I got my V force about the same time he got the pred and we raced stock as well as modded. Stock, he was able to pull away from me slowly from about the 50 foot mark on up through the top end. He then piped the preddy and it wasn't even a race anymore, he just flew past me like I was standing still. When I was finally able to modd my V with pipes and clutch kit, I was still skepticle about being able to beat him. Anyway, we lined them up and he had his wife nearby taking pictures of the race. We took off and I was able to holeshot him pretty easilly and slowly walk away from him. I have the picture in my photo gallery and that picture was taken at the 300 foot mark. I still pulled about 2 more legnths on him before we ran out of space to race. Hope this helps....

Old 10-10-2004, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

Put a Polaris white spring in a bone-stock V and you should be at least the equal of a stock Raptor or Predator.

Old 10-12-2004, 10:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

stock for stock the v would lose, but a simple primary spring change and its a diff story when mine was stock i couldnt pull away from the preddy but i changed my primary to the hot seat purple and smoked him, and it only got better with pipes, jets, airfilter and the list keeps growing . the v is capable of alot, but stock it needs a little bit of work to get her goin mainly because of auto clutch.