Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

P700 Jetting/carb help!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004 | 01:39 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default P700 Jetting/carb help!!

Hi guys, I'm knew to being a member, long time reader of all that transpires on this forum. Now, onto my question. I have an 04 P700 with a pipe only. When I first got the quad, my dealer told me they "did something to the carbs" They wouldn't tell me what it was though. The bike ran flawless. It never needed any choke to start. Just give it about 1/16th throttle and it would fire within 2 cranks. I put on the HMF pipe after about 100 hours. Never changed the jetting. After that it seemed like the bike would start even easier. More midrange and better bottom end too. I took the bike into a different dealer for serviceing about a month ago and now it seems like it is running terrible. This weekend when I went to start it I needed at least full choke to get it going and then it would sputter and not want to get going. (Only time it's ever givin me trouble) Once moving though it seemed ok. I think I might have lost a bit of top end power cause it seems like it doesn't pull as hard anymore above 75kph. I needed to choke to start ever since I took it for service. I used a deferent dealer because I didn't like the service department of my original dealer. (They also left a valve adjustment cover loose on the front cylinder and I lost 1.5lts of oil on the trail!!) (They got a good talking to over that!!!) Anyways now to my question. What are the mixture screw supposed to be set at?? My altitude is around 2300 feet above sea level. I have never touched the carbs ever. I talked to one guy and he said the choke might be sticking. He has on 02 and his had that problem. Coiuld that be my problem?? I don't know what jets are in it now. Should I re-jet? I plan on adding the Dyna ignition, K&N Airfilter and the Napa snorkel. I wanted to jet once but if I have to do it now I will. I would like to figure this out on my own cause I don't trust any dealers anymore. But if I have to take it back then I will. I got the three year warranty with it so I know I can get them to work on it under warranty. I just don't want anymore problems fromt them. One other question. Is it normal for the belt light not to go on?? I had over 130 hours and 2100 kilometers on the bike and the belt light never came on once. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-03-2004 | 02:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default P700 Jetting/carb help!!

I wouldnt worry about the belt it has a switch inside that shuts down the bike to limp mode if it gets to lose or worn.I had the worst problem jetting after my pipe was installed I also had a bad hole shot module anyway find someone with a dyno its worth the money 59.9 horsepower on my 700 but do this after u buy the cdi ect.