Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Which one Wheel spacers/Eliminator Axle???

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one Wheel spacers/Eliminator Axle???

What would be a better choice to get for my lakota sport, get dura Blue wheel spacers 2.5" wider or a Dura Blue Eliminator Axle 2" wider than stock. I heard that the wheel spacers can bend or even break your axle so that's why i'm not sure which one to get. The axle would look sweet on my quad with the chrome-look to it, and it will be a lot stronger than stock. Is it worth spending the extra $190 for the axle or is the wheel spacers a good choice. I hit decent size jumps and am pretty hard on my quad so i want the stock axle with the spacers be able to take that. The Dura Blue axle looks sick and is pure solid for all around performance. I'm also planning on new tires too and everyone know how other than stock tires, they hit the battery box, so that another reason why i want it wider in the back. Also would the Dura Blue axle be easy to put on if i were to get that.

Old 11-18-2004, 02:22 PM
Range Rover

http://www.crjperformance.com/atvwhsp.html

http://www.crjperformance.com/cute.html

I am giving them a try. I have heard good things about them. People on here is running them also. Check my thead below. Titled wheel spacers.

Old 11-18-2004, 04:25 PM
Range Rover

Vunit,

The problem ith wheel spacers is that if you jump like you say you do it could crack your hubs. Your right too, it could also breal your axle because you move the point of leverage on the axle out a little farther(farther away from the carrier) Also, if you don't have a carrier you could risk breaking that or wearing out bearings quicker. I work at a quad dealership part-time and I tell this to people all the time. They still come in and order parts when they put the spacers on. Spacers are fine for riding trails but to put them on a uad that jumps a lot is a big risk. Trust me you the $190 extra you spend on an axle would be cheaper than the couple thousand at a hospital if you got hurt.

Brian

Old 11-18-2004, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

Hey BigBlazer, my friend had a 300ex and he had wheels spacers on it and jumped it every now and then and bent his axle. This other kid in school has a 300ex and 400ex and has a dura Blue on his quads and it handles and jumps insane. I think that when i get the money i'll probably put it on. Thanks for your help.

Old 11-18-2004, 05:32 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

go for the axle

Old 11-18-2004, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

Turbjosh, good luck with the wheel spacers, having a utility quad it does not seem like you will be hitting many jumps, just riding trail and mudpits. I love the track and love the wide look of the quad so i think i'm gonna chil with the axle.

Old 11-18-2004, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

Bing, i think i'm gonna.

Old 11-18-2004, 08:01 PM
Range Rover

Smart move Vunit. If you have any more questions let me know. I love my four-wheeler and I love talking about them and helping people with them.

Old 11-18-2004, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

Ok thanks, i also want to get a job at an atv shop or something like that, because it so fun to ride and work on them.

Old 11-19-2004, 08:28 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Vunit
Hey BigBlazer, my friend had a 300ex and he had wheels spacers on it and jumped it every now and then and bent his axle. This other kid in school has a 300ex and 400ex and has a dura Blue on his quads and it handles and jumps insane. I think that when i get the money i'll probably put it on. Thanks for your help.
That is what i was afraid of is breaking something with those. I don't know what i will do if i am gonna try them or not..

Quick Reply: Which one Wheel spacers/Eliminator Axle???