Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Help with problems Kawasaki dealer

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 10:03 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with problems Kawasaki dealer

I have a problem I would like everyone's help with. I have had some minor problems with my P650 that I have always taken to my dealer that I bought my 4 wheeler from to repair. My latest problem was replacing the rear seals. I put it in the shop on 9-11, and they told me there was a wait, which was fine. I needed to use the 4 wheeler, I use it to guide hunts, so I picked it up and used it twice. I put it back in the shop on 11-5 and picked it up Thurs. 11-18. I had surgery on 11-18 and I got on it for the first time today 11-23 and it was hard to crank and ran like crap, it would only run 18 mph. It was running fine when I put it in the shop, just the seals were leaking. When I put it back in the shop today 11-23, they called me on my way home and told me I had put 7 hrs on it since Thursday. I have not ridden it, I had surgery on Thursday. I was not sure what was going on so I went and picked it up 2 hrs after dropping it off. The owner and service manager were down right rude, and accused me of neglect and abuse .After I picked it up me and a service man realized it was a mistake made by the dealer. They changed the date that I brought it back but did not change the hr. meter. What would everyone suggest I do?

Old 11-23-2004, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

Get a lawyer and never do business with them again! I don't know how I could help you personnaly, and I'm sorry this happened to you. It's businesses like that that made me learn to fix things myself!

Old 11-23-2004, 11:19 PM
Trailblazer

thanks for the input, I am not sure what I'm going to do. I have spent $10,000 in the last 3 years there. I use the 4 wheeler, I do not abuse it, but I guide hog hunts with it and it gets put in the mud. The owner told me my problem with it was my maintenance with it, that I did not wash it every time I used it. That when I brought it into the shop that she could tell that it had been in the mud. I do not deny that I use it, but it is a four wheel drive 4 wheeler. It just pissed me off when they accused me of using it when I didn't. The invoice said I would pick it up and return it when the parts were in. they changed the date I returned it, but not the hr. meter, then said I used it for 7 hrs. after having surgery on the day I picked it up.

Old 11-24-2004, 09:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

.. Before ya go the lawyer route and start paying him by the hour to send his kid to college, try going over the dealers head to Kawasaki Directly. I don't think Mr. Hashimoto would take kindly to hearing a dealer behaving like this....

Old 11-24-2004, 09:47 AM
Pro Rider

That good advice! Thats what i've learned in the corporate world, if you have a problem with somone, go to their boss. They take you seriously because it takes ***** to do something like that.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2004, 10:26 AM
Range Rover

i had the same problem with a dealer here in Las Vegas. Took my bike in for service, everything was running fine, picked it up and it ran like crap. Took it back to them, they looked it over, put in new plugs and charged me another $100 and still ran like crap. Took it back a third time and the owner and the service manager accused me of sabatoging my bike to get free service and refused to work on my bike. I contacted Kawasaki and told them of how I was being treated and Kawasaki blew me off so I sold the bike and now own a Yamaha. Will never buy a Kawasaki again and tell people never to take their bikes to Carter Motorsports unless you want to pay more for less and they don't stand behind their work.

Old 11-24-2004, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

I've owned them all (ok, accept polaris), I"ve had good and bad dealers with all brands. This is why I choose to buy slightly used over new with a good background check, and use FORUMS THAT RULE LIKE THIS ONE to learn everything you need to know to keep you and your machine healthy and happy!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2004, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

.. gee, sorry to hear that 500zuki, it's too bad that dealers- who should be the last ones to do this, turn people's experience bad thus chasing them off to another brand. That dealer should have his franchise yanked! I've never really had a bad experience with a dealer, save for selling me the wrong $20 part- needless to say I never bought from him again.

Old 11-24-2004, 11:20 AM
Trailblazer

thanks for all the input. All I want to do is get it fixed and sell it. It will probably cost me more to get a lawyer, and I don't know if Kawasaki will do anything about it. I am going to take it somewhere else today. I would just like for them to admit it was their mistake, but that probably won't happen either. All I can tell everyone is DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM GOOD TIME CYCLE in Tyler, Tx. They made a mistake on their paperwork and accused me of putting more hrs on the bike. More or less called me a liar.