Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Brute force 650 mods (Prairie in new plastics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 02:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute force 650 mods (Prairie in new plastics)

So since i have learned my new quad does not have anything up on the p650's but some different plastics, i was wondering if their are any free mods that can be done to it. if no free mods exhist what are some of the other valuable mods that can be purchased.

I come form the world of dirtbikes and my WR400. There were so many free mods that could be done it was unbelievable. I am hoping for the same for this toy.

any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Old 12-29-2004, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

Check out the signatures. Most members post their mods in signature. Best bang for the buck in MY OPINION, would be the DYNA CDI, Better tires, and the Blue/Orange Dalton primary. Mods will take your bike to the next level and allow you to spank any stock 650/700 utility ATV out there. Proper jetting is the key with any of your mods.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

TuffEnuff

Old 12-29-2004, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

The new 650 has the same primary spring as the P700 also has the the 700/750 belt.........

Old 12-29-2004, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

LEW... I just looked my 1st one over really good... IMO, that is likely the best layed out Kawi to date... I like the fact that it still has inner fenders, the radiator design & placement are the best so far, the front shock towers have a support under the plastic, that would allow removing the front rack, with out weakening the shock towers... it has the 700 clutches & belt... it doesn't have the worthless 700 Brute storage compartments, & retains everything I liked in the back end...this thing IMO, is much more conductive to competition, of all kinds, than even the 700 Prairie... If I were buying a quad right now, the 650 Brute would be the machine, & since I plan on buying one, in late summer ( for momma ), & to compete in the 12 hours race, this will be it, unless Kawi really steps up to the plate for the early '06's... IMO, it's nearly perfect... well it could have a dual A Arm front suspension, instead of the struts, but a set of Works struts would finish off the project, with all the money I'd save over the sticker of any '06 they might come out with...

Old 12-29-2004, 10:02 PM
Range Rover

I have said along this thing would be a big Hit if you can live without the biggest cc engine. I like it, Its my favorite in the Kawie line up by far It is durable we know this, and priced with the other 500cc bikes It will be a big hit for kawasaki and the customer a lot of people cant lay out or finance 7500.oo ,good move for every body, a few mods and you got a whale of a bike. I dont think it will bust brush like a old prairie with out some added protection otherwise mightyfine..jh

Old 12-30-2004, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats on the new quad, you picked a solid winner. Its the best buy on the market.

As far as mods go I am not sure of any good free ones but I can give you a few that give you the best bang for the buck.

#1 K&N filter only cost about 50 or 60 bucks and have always made a noteable difference on mine
#2 Dyna CDI a Little pricey but realy made a big difference in my Prairie 650 (runs with stock 700's all day long) $250.00 prox.

I like to change the exhaust on mine but it realy makes only minor gains for the money. I just love the way they sounds with the full procircut system. I have been paying around 450.00 instaled however I noticed Procircut seems to have cut the price down on them to about 350.00 here recently.

The dunlops that come on them do kinda suck so be ready to replace them befor long. I like to recomend Bridgstone Dirt Hooks. Not for performance gains but to keep the performance you have now but last 4 times longer its just a OEM tire that Honda uses on some its utes and is lite weight like the dunlops just better quality. Just be aware when buying tires like mudlites and bighorns ect.ect. that they weigh alot and unsprung weight is a major HP HOG so any of the performance gains mentioned above would all be lost and then some by using heavy tires. I like bighorns and other extream duty tires but I find myself only using them when I know I need them. For me thats not very often.