Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Moving earth with the Warn Plow :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving earth with the Warn Plow :)

I was wondering how well this would work but tonight I tried leveling some black dirt at my house and the plow + actuator works great! One thing I learned though is not to backup and drag the plow because all the dirt will pile up on the plow support arms and not allow you to lift.

The only thing negative I noticed was how much the fan came on when I was working the prairie. I think I should get some water wetter.

Anyone else move stuff other than snow with their plow?

Old 04-03-2005, 01:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

We use ours to back fill behind the ditcher when laying pipe, push bark chips and sand around for the wife, clean the cement barn floors, spread gravel on the driveways and level out mole hills. Probably other stuff as well but I'm not the only one that uses the Prairie.

Lots of jobs that we used to use a small tractor for are now done by this quad. Don't know how we got along without it for so many years.

I hear a lot of people suggesting that the bigger quads be bought for doing blade and tillage type jobs. Too date I have had plenty of power with the 360. I always run out of traction before I run out of power. Since I still use the stock tires it may be different if I used aftermarket tires with bigger lugs. In my opinion the factory tires give plenty of traction for the power train. The tires slipping act as a kind of fuse to prevent overloading the equipment. Just my opinion and I could be wrong.

Old 05-28-2005, 11:19 PM
Trailblazer

Hey man yeah we use our brute and praire to push brush piles and large rocks around. And also pull out logs too. Though the logs arent overly large but still very heavy.I enjoy my big brute and the power that comes with it.. he he !!