Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Service Bulletin didn't work now what???

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 09:13 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Bulletin didn't work now what???

I brought the camo quad home yesterday after winning a 15 round 3 week decision on weather or not my quad needed this needle re-call done. I drove straight from work 2 hours to Frackville PA today only to find out that it did not take care of the problem. Its seems a little better but not much. I will describe the problem again. When cruising along half or quarter throttle and you accelerate rapidly it makes a loud bellowing sound and loses power then it will quite down and run like it should then it will pop and carry on and make that bellowing sound (from the air cleaner area) and it loses power then it smooths out and this will go on and on until it reaches the desired speed. When you let off the throttle it backfires and spits and sputters etc.. I need help and the dealerships, yes more then one I went to, look at me like I have nine heads. Is calling Kawasaki my next option or should I look for another dealer??? Or does someone know what is causing this and I will fix it myself. How about a jet kit, highlifter box, trade it in on a Artic Cat whatever.

Old 05-01-2005, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

I would definetly call KAWI, they need to know that your dealer could not fix it . And hopefully they will come up with something . Good Luck.

Old 05-02-2005, 12:59 AM
Range Rover

I was hoping to leave that as the very last resort. Reading posts on this site I have seen where others say dealing with KAWI is near impossible. But I will research and locate their number and call them.

Old 05-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Range Rover

BUY THE DYNOJET KIT!! I screwed around with the needle mod and adjusting the idle on mine for months before I broke down and bought the Dynojet kit on Ebay for $51 to my door. Took a couple of hours to install, but it was totally worth it. ALL of the poping, missing, stalling, stumbling, ect that I had before and after the needle mod are gone. It now runs like a new $7600 toy should...perfect.
In addition to running better, I now have all the jetting and such that I would need if I were to decide to go hunting in Colorado, or go to the ATV jamboree in Utah, either of which would require rejetting for the quad to run acceptably at those elevations compared to the nearly sea level I'm at now. (Yes you would also need to do this to the stock jetting, the kit does not change that.)
Does take a bit of mechanical ability and a drll to install, and a couple of hours, but it is totally worth it.

Old 05-03-2005, 01:02 AM
Range Rover

Look at who is high bidder on Ebay for one of those kits!! husky100 is and I am going to try the kit. I sure hope it works as I am a little tired of getting my butt beat by a 700 Polaris. Thanks!!!

Old 05-03-2005, 08:16 AM
Pro Rider

Husky 100,
Take a look at your header nuts on the exhaust flange. Mine was running as you describe. I then noticed I lost a front nut off the header. Fixed it ran great for a good month, and then it started up again. Rear header nut loose and leaking. Tightened all of them and used loc-tight. No problems any more. Brute runs perfect.

Old 05-03-2005, 03:52 PM
Range Rover

I never would of thought of that with the bike being so new. I will check that out right now. Thanks!!!!

Old 05-06-2005, 11:32 PM
Range Rover

Checked the header nuts and found the front header nuts to be loose. Just a little tighter then finger tight. I snugged them up and loaded her up on the trailer for a trip to Frackville at 3am this morning. We should log a little more then 110 miles. That will be the test.

Old 05-09-2005, 10:10 AM
Pro Rider

Husky100, How did the Brute work out for you this weekend?

Old 05-09-2005, 06:51 PM
Range Rover

I didnt get a chance to test it out. I was heading up to Frackville and the rear in my crappy 92 Ford Ranger 2w/d 2.3 4 cyl. started singing like a alley cat. Brought the old girl home. It will handle my quad when loaded in the bed of the truck however on this trip I was pulling my 6x12 trailer and the Ranger did not like that a bit. I was meeting a co-worker who ended up a no-show and thats why I had the trailer. We were going to use his full size Chevy to tow the trailer and 2 quads. I will be up there this Saturday with my Uncle. We will use his Full size F-250 and leave my little weinie ranger home. Come and join us!!! If anyone is interested email me and I will list a meeting place.

Quick Reply: Service Bulletin didn't work now what???