Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Why doesn't the KFX700 (v-force) come with manual shift???

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why doesn't the KFX700 (v-force) come with manual shift???

LOL Nice try. I garentee you a banshee will get through all 6 gears before the kfx hits 5th.[/quote]

The KFX doesn't have gears idiot. If you want to sound smart, educate yourself about the bike your trying to criticize.

Old 06-21-2005, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider

[i]Originally posted by: midnite The reason you don"t see kfx's winning [or even entering ] at the baja's, is you cant alter the shaft drive gearing. Are you all so lazy you can't tighten a chain twice a year. It takes 5 mins. out there.
The V-Force won the ATV class of the Baja 500 the first year it was in production. If you're going to criticize something at least get your facts straight.

Are we too lazy to tighten a chain or are we too smart to consistently have to lube chains, tighten chains, replace broken chains and replace stripped cogs?

Old 06-21-2005, 05:22 AM
Pro Rider

LOL, You still have to manually shift the gears. Nice try tho.

LOL Nice try. I garentee you a banshee will get through all 6 gears before the kfx hits 5th.

LOL then what are you doing here??

LOL, I never said the kfx was a piece of crap, I just said it could be better. You must be to jadded too see that if kfx had a manual tranny, and chain drive, it would feel like it had 100 - 150 MORE CC's. The reason you don"t see kfx's winning [or even entering ] at the baja's, is you cant alter the shaft drive gearing. Are you all so lazy you can't tighten a chain twice a year. It takes 5 mins. So in closing, I stand by my original statement If kfx had a chain drive, and manual clutch/tranny, people would flock to a kawi dealer to buy one, and isn't that why kawi is in business????? To sell the most quads it can??? Or is it to cater to a niche market, where kfx is the worst selling "performance" quad out there. And please spare me the reply of "I dont care how well it sells, I'm having fun".
first off.. dont start every sentence with "LOL" 2nd.. your a f*cktard.. third.. you apparently dont know ****.. and fourth.. your banshee cant beat everything out there u fu*king punk.. im tired of these little queers thinking their bikes are invincible.. my god.. a fricken geo metro has more power than your bike

Old 06-21-2005, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: vtwiner
LOL Nice try. I garentee you a banshee will get through all 6 gears before the kfx hits 5th.

The KFX doesn't have gears idiot. If you want to sound smart, educate yourself about the bike your trying to criticize.[/quote]

Are you saying kfx has 1 long gear from bottom to top. ha ha ha ha ha.

Old 06-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KevinM
[i]Originally posted by: midnite The reason you don"t see kfx's winning [or even entering ] at the baja's, is you cant alter the shaft drive gearing. Are you all so lazy you can't tighten a chain twice a year. It takes 5 mins. out there.
The V-Force won the ATV class of the Baja 500 the first year it was in production. If you're going to criticize something at least get your facts straight.

Are we too lazy to tighten a chain or are we too smart to consistently have to lube chains, tighten chains, replace broken chains and replace stripped cogs?
I stand corrected, about baja only. I tighten my chains, and lub them twice a year. When they wear out I replace them. Good luck changing your shaft drive gears yourself, when it wears out.

Old 06-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: tyzorg

LOL, I never said the kfx was a piece of crap, I just said it could be better. You must be to jadded too see that if kfx had a manual tranny, and chain drive, it would feel like it had 100 - 150 MORE CC's. The reason you don"t see kfx's winning [or even entering ] at the baja's, is you cant alter the shaft drive gearing. Are you all so lazy you can't tighten a chain twice a year. It takes 5 mins. So in closing, I stand by my original statement If kfx had a chain drive, and manual clutch/tranny, people would flock to a kawi dealer to buy one, and isn't that why kawi is in business????? To sell the most quads it can??? Or is it to cater to a niche market, where kfx is the worst selling "performance" quad out there. And please spare me the reply of "I dont care how well it sells, I'm having fun".
first off.. dont start every sentence with "LOL" 2nd.. your a f*cktard.. third.. you apparently dont know ****.. and fourth.. your banshee cant beat everything out there u fu*king punk.. im tired of these little queers thinking their bikes are invincible.. my god.. a fricken geo metro has more power than your bike
Lets see a geo metro run in sand. I didn't say my banshee could beat a kfx I sain ANY banshee could beat a kfx. Kawi's best selling Quad is made by Suzuki. They could change that.

Old 06-21-2005, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: tyzorg

I never said my banshee could beat a kfz, I said ANY banshee can beat a kfx. Ds650, predator, raptor, yfz450, 450r, z400 with a pipe, can all beat kfx. Kawi's best selling sport quad is made by suzuki. Kawi could easily chang that. Oh yea, lets see a geo metro run in the sand.

Old 06-21-2005, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

Look, no bike is perfect, DS needs to go on a diet, Raptor needs more stabillity, Predator, Needs to be a 450 {so it can race pro production}, Banshee needs better suspension, and some low end, Yfz 450 has vibration, and 450r has a super light front end, And kfx needs at least the option of manual tranny, chain drive. I never said you can't have fun on a kfx, hell I have can have fun on a 84 atc big red. That isn't what my original post was about. It's about kawi changing the kfx, to make it the baddest big bore on the planet, and baddest big bore doesn't, mean most easist to maintain, or ride, it means pure, raw performance.

Old 06-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I started this thread to educate myself as to why the KFX700 doesn't offer manual shift or chain drive and unfortunally, people are bashing each other. I would like to know the following please:

1) Will a maunal shift make it faster?
2) Will a chain drive make it faster?

Old 06-21-2005, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider

I gotta get in on this one. NO the KFX doesnt have ONE long gear, it has two ( am i correct?), basically, and simply put, they arent "gears" they are drives. AM I correct guys, in the general terminology. Im looking into getting one myself soon. Also, if you only tighten your chain and lube it twice a year, then I question How often you actually ride your quads, as only twice a year for someone who rides "often" and actually has enough knowledge to participate in a post like this doesnt add up. You must go thru lots of chains each year from not lubing often enough and if so then they dont last that long, thus the conclusion of "i only lube and tighten once a year). if you actually ride those things enough to be considered and atv'r. Now I know your going to try to "rape" me for this, but ive been abused before so go ahead, tell us more , so that we may place you better in the order of idiots. Actually , also my cousin has a KFX, and another has a Banshee, BOTH stock, well actually the banshee has a pipe, anyway the banshee has yet to beat the KFX in a drag race. as far as the bomb. you own i dont know, as know one I know owns one any longer ( one person did for a short time), mostly cause theve been found to be tried and left wanting, because out of being ridden in the "desert" they were and are useless.( sorry to any other current bomb owners.)

Quick Reply: Why doesn't the KFX700 (v-force) come with manual shift???