Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Why doesn't the KFX700 (v-force) come with manual shift???

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why doesn't the KFX700 (v-force) come with manual shift???

Originally posted by: enFORCER
Originally posted by: midnite
True the ds doesn't make a good trail bike, but it sure eats up the sand.
Hmmmm, unfortunately there's just not a whole lota sand here in the Land of Lincoln......
And the DS doesn't handle any better than the KFX700 in the sand.........
Umm, west central illinios is nothing but sand, river silt to be exact. Sand dunes are a 10 min trail ride away from my house. Thats why I have a ds/shee. Both of my bikes were in the back of my truck once..................When I bought them.

Old 06-21-2005, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KevinM
If Kawasaki wanted it to outrun everything out there it would, the power potential of the 700-750 twins is huge. They are not going for the Raptor, Predator, DS market they are more interested in the Scrambler / Utility riders who want a sport quad and bigger men that aren't comfortable on the smaller sport quads. The motor is de-tuned and the clutch is set up so that anybody can just jump on it and ride it without killing themselves, not to mention that the quad weighs 516lbs. dry.

You don't need to put $2000 in it to make it run with other stock quads, a simple $25 primary spring change will allow it to run close or better than any stock quads with the exception of the YFZ.

You can crank dyno it correctly, you can't rear-wheel dyno it correctly so there's now way you can accurately determine power loss of the CVT.

Like I said, if they wanted the fastest quad I'm sure they could have made a 60HP 400 lb. quad.
Why can't you chassis dyno a kfx. Thats like saying you cant run a kfx wide open. You strap it to the dyno You run the motor tslowly to wide open and take the reading. The bike doesnt know its on a dyno. The rear wheels spin on the dyno drum, just like they would spin on dirt.

Old 06-21-2005, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

Hmmmm, yeah well I live here in Madison county IL.... I live about 3 miles from the confluence of the Mississippi and Missouri rivers.... And a few miles up stream is the Illinois river..... And there is alot of sand around the river's..... However where is all this sand You are talking about in west central Illinois????

Old 06-21-2005, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: enFORCER
Hmmmm, yeah well I live here in Madison county IL.... I live about 3 miles from the confluence of the Mississippi and Missouri rivers.... And a few miles up stream is the Illinois river..... And there is alot of sand around the river's..... However where is all this sand You are talking about in west central Illinois????
Beardstown IL

Old 06-21-2005, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

The Illinois river runs shallow here. The us army corps of engeneers dredges the river {for barge traffic } every few years, and dumps the silt at various locations here. They have been doing it for 50-60 years. Also the east side of the illinois river is naturally sandy, the west side is naturally clay. Like I say lots of sand here.

Old 06-22-2005, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: KevinM
If Kawasaki wanted it to outrun everything out there it would, the power potential of the 700-750 twins is huge. They are not going for the Raptor, Predator, DS market they are more interested in the Scrambler / Utility riders who want a sport quad and bigger men that aren't comfortable on the smaller sport quads. The motor is de-tuned and the clutch is set up so that anybody can just jump on it and ride it without killing themselves, not to mention that the quad weighs 516lbs. dry.

You don't need to put $2000 in it to make it run with other stock quads, a simple $25 primary spring change will allow it to run close or better than any stock quads with the exception of the YFZ.

You can crank dyno it correctly, you can't rear-wheel dyno it correctly so there's now way you can accurately determine power loss of the CVT.

Like I said, if they wanted the fastest quad I'm sure they could have made a 60HP 400 lb. quad.

Thanks for the reply. Good information.