Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Brute Water Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 12:35 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute Water Problem?

I have read a little about the steam issue on a few forums where it chokes out the engine a little or limits power but i think they mean water in the airbox like a good amount. If you splash in water with a brute it takes in water because the rubber flap just isnt enough to stop water from coming in.

Old 10-14-2005, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

its steam trust me, have you taken apart your airbox snorkel yet ? its pretty much impossible to just splash water in there unless you are running 30mph and just bail in. only way your getting water there is putting it underwater... (which I have come real close to on accident a few times... In the nyrocs site there are pictures of the splash guard that I have on mine which also stops most of the steam problem. only takes a few minutes to make and its free!

Nyrocs
http://atv.dnsalias.com/techtip.cgi

Old 10-14-2005, 11:41 PM
Range Rover

I don't disagree that there is a mist that steams into the box, and the moisture subsequently makes it stumble. However I have had water in my box once I was at Haspin and the whole was pretty deep but not anything much higher than the headlights and there was clearly wet murky water in my airbox up right to the bottom of the rubber seat on the filter up to right below the filter media probably 1/16th of an inch across the whole assembly. I wiped it out and continued on and was fine but it was definately water and not mist/dust that I have had happen atleast once. I do think I will try the homemade rubber protection method which I agree would have to work better than their little flap that is on there now. I think I'm going back next weekend we'll see what happens.

Old 10-15-2005, 02:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you plan on going in water over 2 feet snorkle it or get a boat. If you go through water fast it will splash it up near the airbox intake and suck it into you engine. I have never had water in my air box since i made some inner fenders. Going through snow last year it would fill my air box full of snow.