Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Problems with BF 750?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with BF 750?

Hey bigbwb,
It seems you're other problem should have been answered and I would like to try and offer some insight into your brake issue. This will only apply if it was your rear brakes freezing up. On my P650 I had a problem that in the winter I would use my rear brake and it would then lock up and I would have to work it free. The problem I found it to be was where the lever goes into the rear dif housing seemed to be the area. A little ice or snow would get in there and if it was cold enough, it would almost instantly freeze up. If I remember once I got moving it was fine. Good luck with everything.

Old 12-09-2005, 02:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

So could it possibly be the jetting of the BF in relation to the current temp of about 15 degrees here in WI? I just stopped at the dealer today for a follow up and they said they will look at it tomorrow. Of course we got another 4" of snow last night and I am without the plow[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] The brake issue I can live with, but the machine ran like crap and lost a bunch of power? Not to rant, but I have had many Atv's thru the years, probably about 10 from Hondas to polaris' to the kawasaki and never did any of them ever give me so many problems. The last few Polaris' I had(Sportsmans & scramblers) never froze up in the winter, and always ran the same year round. I will be selling this one when the 2007 models come out and it won't be a Kawasaki, sorry.

I need reliability all season long. I just hope the dealer notices the same issues I have had with it so it can be fixed. Don't get me wrong, the machine is a blast to drive, but maybe something else out there will fit my needs better.

I will keep everyone informed....thanks again for the suggestions.
Brandon

Old 12-09-2005, 07:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just talked with the dealer. The loss of power was due to the plugs I think they said. It was running on one cylinder. Also, they had to order choke cables beacuse it was running way too rich----I could be wrong on the last part, it was hard to hear him. I asked if this would be covered and he thinks everything but the plugs will be. My warranty after 6 months was up a while ago, so I am not sure if he knew that or not. Do you guys think this would be covered by Kawasaki?

Thanks,
Brandon

Old 12-09-2005, 09:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

If you can convince them that this problem has existed before, and simply gotten worse since the warranty expired, you have a chance of it being covered. When it comes right down to it, it's the dealers call. He can call it a warranty item if he wants to. Lets hope for your sake that you have a good dealer! I know at shop rate, (89$ an hour here) you don't want to get stuck with too many of those bills. (a sevice manual only costs $79.95)
Good Luck!!