Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Is there... Lakota automatic clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 08:00 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there... Lakota automatic clutch?

Hayhay all whatz up!

Been a while since Iv been around. Got some work dont to the kota thank you to all.

Put new: clutch
plastics
tires x4
Front & rear sprokets
DiD X chain
Royal purple oil
Supper Trapp IDS full exhust (Figured it was a bargin at 2 with the header new shipped)
Uni air filter.

Hears my dilema! Hoping I can get some help on this.

There is major hesitation in the throtle. With the exception of high rps. I cheaked the plug to rejet, and its coffee. I felt like I could driink it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Luv da Coffee The colors right but the throtle reponse is no go.

Second: I was looking for an auto clutch? Not a semi. The new one donesnt have much time on it. But I have a lot a fmaily that rides this thing. Iv searched, can find one. So I have no idea how much this tuff might even coast.
Anyone know were to find one?

Reason for clutch upgrade/thought. Cuz I did all this work to the bike cuz my fiancee said she was interested in riding more and she wanted thing up to par. So I dropped the plastic and said letz do it. Well I think it was a phase. She no long has interest. So Im trying to get it easier to opperate for younger or new riders. I have a few nephews that would be in the trial with all the time. But dont get the concept of shifting. So they either stall or if holding it a full throtle for 10 min in second gear. (I know this inst good)

Any help on either matter is great. Thank you for your time!

D.T.

Phyroinstinct

Old 07-27-2006, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

I think it is somewhat impossible to convert it to fully automatic....you would need to put like a cvt setup on it and i would have no idea how to go about doing it. The only way id say its somewhat possible is if you have a cvt engine laying around and you are really really good at fabrication and complex thinking because it would be really difficult. Why dont you just put it in like 3rd gear and let them putt around in 3rd............lets see some pics of it with all them new parts

Old 07-28-2006, 08:07 AM
Trailblazer

Is it safe to do that? Wont it burn out the clutch? (I dint know if that would damnage the heavy springed primary one)

The fabing is out of my grasp. I searched and searched and was hoping they made a clutch to buy and put in.
Dont think that will burn anything out?

Pics, thats a good Idea. Anyone know how resize them in Xp? If I save them as a Jpeg it gets them to 496 K but I need to get it down to 150 anythoughts?

(Edit: P.S. changed photo size and got some up)

Thanks for any info.

Phyro

Old 07-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

O.K. What I do is I put them in paint. They are way too big, so I resize them by pushing Ctrl+W. From there, I put in 30 in both places. Then save it, and put them on your profile. Hope this helps!