Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Wire across trail kills teenager on ATV

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 11:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wire across trail kills teenager on ATV

toyotaguy...........to answer your question, this happened in Ware.

Old 09-21-2006, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

This is tragic some one should be procecuted[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-21-2006, 12:50 AM
Elite Pro Rider

man i cant believe it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

i've thought about that b4 too! how scary it would be if some1 put a wire across a trail, when i'm on new trails i drive pretty slow, u cant be too careful

my prayers too go out to his family

Old 09-21-2006, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

My condolences to the family, that sickens me that a person would do such a thing, a quads one thing, but a life.after the war the **** did the same thing with paino wire across roads. when i was blasting around a corner of our easement i spotted a quater inch thick metal cable across the road(primitive gate), i slammed on the brakes just in time and the cable caught my 600 pound machine by the handle bars and pulled it into a wheelstand, i was pretty spooked and extremely embarassed. I guess we will all have to weld large vertical pieces of metal to the frames of our atv's and hope these fanatics dont try anything else.

Old 09-21-2006, 03:01 AM
Pro Rider

I think we're all jumping to conclusions. Based on what is released from the authorities via the on-line newspaper articles we only know the following:

He was not a boy. He was an 19 year old adult man.

He was not evidently killed by a wire stretched across a trail but according to the information related by the authorities in the article he was killed when he rode into chain which was across a “cart path”.

That doesn't sound like some devious person skulking around an ATV trail stringing up piano wire at neck height to me.

Now, that we have that out of the way. Maybe someone who is familiar with that particular riding area could tell us what exactly this “cart path” is? Is some sort of golf course car path? From the looks of the satellite shots of the area there doesn't look to be a golf course in the area. Is it a public riding area of some sort?

Old 09-21-2006, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

good call captain, we don't know all the details so lets just all send out our condolances to the family, and leave it at that

Old 09-22-2006, 02:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Awful accident, lets hope it was not intentional.
I read that he was also a cancer survivor and then this happens.
I have also run across fishing line while out on the ORV trails a couple of times. I suspect that some hunter strung the fish line out (trip wire) and tied a bell on one end to notify him/her when wildlife cross. As a Deer and Elk hunter I think this practice or method of hunting should be illegal. While hunting I have run across trip wire hunting tactics several times, I just take may knife and cut the fish line.

Old 09-22-2006, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CANAMMAN
Awful accident, lets hope it was not intentional.
I read that he was also a cancer survivor and then this happens.
I have also run across fishing line while out on the ORV trails a couple of times. I suspect that some hunter strung the fish line out (trip wire) and tied a bell on one end to notify him/her when wildlife cross. As a Deer and Elk hunter I think this practice or method of hunting should be illegal. While hunting I have run across trip wire hunting tactics several times, I just take may knife and cut the fish line.
I have come across fishing line strung up before in the city woods and they were not allowed hunting there any way.....It was only to take down somebody on an ATV or dirtbike[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 09-22-2006, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider
Buy it now, explain it to the wife later!

Thats pretty $h%tty whoever did that was a real a$$hole!!!

Old 09-23-2006, 09:56 PM
Trailblazer

A while back my cousins had a problem on THEIR OWN LAND. Somone put barbed wire across a trail and wrote cusses in the dirt. Good thing they were going slow and saw the wire. My dad ran into a wire on his old three wheeler and was cut pretty bad.

Quick Reply: Wire across trail kills teenager on ATV