Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Wire across trail kills teenager on ATV

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wire across trail kills teenager on ATV

It just goes to show that there is so much evil in our world nowdays. As we push for diversity and tolerance towards others who are not like us, we seem to be seeing more hatred. People get envious of what others have, so they try to destroy that. Other people don't like the way someone looks, so they shoot them. It is getting worse as time goes one. If this was an intential act of hate, the person should be charged with 1st degree premediated murder. My thoughts and prayers are with the family. This is definetly a time that we who like riding should bond together and stand up for our God given rights to ride a quad if we so choose.

Old 09-24-2006, 06:27 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

700vtwinman

I hate to admit this since I am not a gun ho type of person that likes guns. I will admit that I carry my .40 caliber pistol on my rides when there are less than 6 of us together. I live in AZ and they allow you to carry your firearms anywhere except unauthorized places. I will say this once...when people see my gun they are very very respectable people. When you are riding around the river banks or out in the middle of the desert. A gun is your best investment on those rides simply because there are alot of NUTS out there that you wouldn't believe. I thought inner cities had alot of nuts but I was wrong...nuts are everywhere in AZ. I am disappointed seeing how our country is just going down the tubes on how we should treat each other citizens with respect and love.

Don't take me the wrong way....I WISH I didn't have to feel safe carrying a damn pistol on my rides.

Too much evilness...

Just a small 2 cent....

Old 09-24-2006, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

I'm sure the authorities in this county will look into the foul play aspect very closely. It was a chain and not a wire, as was posted, and there are no specifics to the accident, he could have just been an unlucky trespasserfor all we know. Also the Germans strung the wires accross the roads DURING the war, all jeeps had wire cutters on the front end within days of the first incident.

Old 09-25-2006, 07:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: ATVHades
700vtwinman

I hate to admit this since I am not a gun ho type of person that likes guns. I will admit that I carry my .40 caliber pistol on my rides when there are less than 6 of us together. I live in AZ and they allow you to carry your firearms anywhere except unauthorized places. I will say this once...when people see my gun they are very very respectable people. When you are riding around the river banks or out in the middle of the desert. A gun is your best investment on those rides simply because there are alot of NUTS out there that you wouldn't believe. I thought inner cities had alot of nuts but I was wrong...nuts are everywhere in AZ. I am disappointed seeing how our country is just going down the tubes on how we should treat each other citizens with respect and love.

Don't take me the wrong way....I WISH I didn't have to feel safe carrying a damn pistol on my rides.

Too much evilness...

Just a small 2 cent....

I totally agree. I have met "nuts" out in the middle of nowhere. Too much evil.

Old 09-26-2006, 12:03 AM
Trailblazer

What the hell is wrong with people and the world we live in???? My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. God Bless

Old 09-27-2006, 01:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

just don't think this should go to the second page. this can happen to anybody.

Old 09-27-2006, 04:25 AM
Pro Rider

I've been watching the Worcester Telegram & Gazette website for any updates to this story and there have been none as far as I have been able to determine.

Original ATV Accident Link

Updated ATV Accident link

Again, based on released information there was no wire or anyone stringing wire up to injure anyone. According to news reports related to the newspaper by the authorities the man hit a chain across a “cart path” of some sort.

Click the link and read the the article.

Updated ATV Accident link

If anyone has any other verifiable from a web based source please post a link. Somehow this is turning into a “someone decapitated this dude with piano wire” despite all evidence or links to the contrary or at the least a “he was killed by someone” despite no evidence or links supporting that conclusion.

Old 09-27-2006, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider

If you have been following this thread...you would see that many of us(including me) have come across people stringing things up...so what is your deal?

Old 09-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider

Someone did this on the trail in my riding area as well. In a town called holyrood. All along the shore where I live, there used to be a rail bed. Trains have long been out of this province and the former rail bed is a multi-use trail known as part of the Trans-Canada Trail. This trail is used by quads, dirt bikes, pedal bikes, walkers and joggers. I've also seen cars and trucks on it the odd time. A lot of land owners who have built their homes butting onto the rail bed (sea-front properties) have kicked up stink about ATV's tearing up and down the trail kicking up dust and such. I know it's a problem, where some people just don't have the basic consideration to slow the hell down when passing by other trail users as well as people's properties.

The incident that occured was probably about three weeks to a month ago, where someone in the Holyrood area strung a wire across the trail. The youth (I believe he was 16) was travelling down the trail on his ATV and thankfull was wearing a full-faced helmet. He suffered a cut to his nose, and thankfully nothing else. It is a sick practise to say the least. I've also heard of people throwing nails across the trail bed in an effort to curb ATV use.

My condolences to the family of the young man who was killed.

Old 09-28-2006, 01:31 PM
Range Rover

yep i heard about the whole nail thing, its pretty pathetic. i think its just the grumpy people who were never lucky enough to ride on an atv and jealousy strikes them....i would love to get my hands around their throat though thats for sure.

Quick Reply: Wire across trail kills teenager on ATV