Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

BF 750 clutch install....

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 12:14 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BF 750 clutch install....

I bought a Dalton clutch kit for my BF750 and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how hard it will be to install. I also went ahead an bought a clutch puller so I hope that makes things easier... If anyone has installed a clutch kit on a BF750, I'd appreciate any feedback or words of advice you may have... also, am I looking at about an hours worth of work or several hours?

Old 10-27-2006, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider

1). Make sure you have the right puller bolt (length wise). If it doesn't bottom out, it means your tool/bolt is too short and it is for older P models. If it is Kawi's genuine tool, it should have -1429 suffix part number.
2). Drive converter nut is left-hand threaded (CW to loosen).
3). You will need a converter holder (or improvise) to prevent the converter from rotating while you are trying to turn to loosen the main nut.
4). Check/adjust belt deflection after you install all back together.
5). You may have to apply heat to loosen up the converter from the tapered end of the crank.

Old 11-02-2006, 08:08 PM
Trailblazer

I've got my clutch kit... but I can't seem to get the clutch off to save my life!

I'm wondering if the clutch puller that I have is the wrong one... I bought the PCP-10 from http://www.mfgsupply.com/m/c/PCP10.html?id=hh5Vas2x it threads in just fine but I've gotten it pretty tight and the clutch still dosen't come off.... I thought this was the right puller but, maybe it's not....

If it isn't does anyone know where I can order the right one at? This seems to be the same one that highlifter sells too for the BF.

Thanks for the help.

Old 11-03-2006, 08:02 AM
Trailblazer

Also... while I'm at it another question with the clutch... since I'm only changing the primary spring, can I just remove the 10MM bolts that go around the outside and switch out the spring??

Old 11-03-2006, 11:07 AM
Trailblazer

First, you may really have to crank on the puller to get the primary to pop off. I mean go way beyond what you think it "pretty tight". I've popped mine off a lot and it scares me everytime when it pops off.

Secondly, if all you are changing is the primary spring then you should be able to pull the main bolt, remove the cover bolts, remove the cover, and change the spring. You do not have to remove the primary to change the primary spring.

Old 11-03-2006, 10:16 PM
Trailblazer

Well... now I know why I don't due stuff like this on my own...

I got the spring switched out with no problem.. and things were going good... but then when putting on the outer cover (the big black part) I snapped one of the bolts off... I think it will be OK and it's still ridable. I'm a bit worried about water leaking into it with out the rear , bottom corner being tight because of the broken bolt but it'll due for now.

As far as the change to the brute goes... it is pretty noticeable... I can feel it engages at higher RPM... seems to rev further than it use to before it engages... wheelies... are easy as pie now... I couldn't check out the top end on it because I only have my subdivision to ride in and I don't want to make the neighbors mad.. but next weekend I'm going trail riding so it'll be a good test.

In the mean time if anyone has a good way to get that snapped off bolt outta there let me know... Guess what I'm going to buy... a torque wrench... I know I deserve the broken bolt for not using the right tools...