Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Ordered 26" swamplites today

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 11:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered 26" swamplites today

Well I finally ordered some tires and rims. Black ITP type-7's with 26" swamplites. Did alot of reading on alot of tires before I decided on these. Wanted to stay with 12" rims due to tire availability. My buddies all run either XTR's or Executioners and it seems like I am always the first one up the hill while they are stuck cause they just dug holes, so I gotta put my winch to work. That is with my stock dunlop's by the way. Not saying dunlops are a better tire, they may just be better for the loose stuff we ride in. We ride in mainly sand and trails, some mud and rocks. I wanted to get away from the big lug bar tractor style tire so that is why I went with the swamplites. I read good things and bad things about them, which that goes for any tire. They were priced reasonable and had a unique tread on them. The set up ran me $580 from an online dealer which is pretty much the cheapest I could find. Probably some out there cheaper but don't have hours to spend online searching. Anyway, hope this helps someone out on tire selection. There will never be a perfect tire for every situation so you just gotta look at what you will be riding in the most and go from there.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:20 PM
Trailblazer

I ordered my wheels and tires on Tuesday. I got the 27" swamplites on ITP type 4 wheels. UPS says they will be at the UPS garage in Davenport tomorrow, but will not get delivered to me till Monday. Davenport is only a 40 minute drive, so guess where I am going tomorrow!!! New digs on Saturday, and my brother-in-law and I are going riding on Sunday. Life is good!! Like you, I did a lot of reading and asking and more reading to decide. I did not want the tractor tire either, nor did I want to spend what they ask for mudlite XTR's. So swamplites seemed to be the best pick for me. I paid $575 shipped for my set-up. Looks like we both found a similar deal. Good luck with yours!

Old 11-18-2006, 12:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

That is a good deal. I paid $680 for my ITP series 7 rims and 26" mudlite XTRs , which took a ton of searching to find that price. The radial were about 15 - 20 more then bias-ply so you got a great deal, so $100 cheaper for bias = $580, that is pretty much as low as I have seen Edit....duh you said swaplite not mudlite . I agree the ITP can be diggers.

Old 11-18-2006, 09:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The Swamplites have a great tread design for snow, mud, rough terrain, and they are very smooth on hardpack. They arent real quiet on tar at low speeds, but who wants to ride tar all day??? These tires have pulled me through, and over EVERYTHING. I have about 1000 miles on them, with very little wear, and when i need tires again, i know what to get[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-18-2006, 10:59 AM
Range Rover

OK Guy's Gals, I am joining you w/ the itp's and swamplites, 670.00 OTD at Advanced kawasaki in Buena Park Ca.
I hope the 26's fit ok and hook well in my SO Ca riding area's.
Any of you folks need a Kawai in So Ca I think Advanced kawasaki is the way to go. I went in last week and ask what the Praire 360 4x4 was OTD Cash price and he turned to his adding machine and 1o seconds later came back with 5,054.00 (something like that)....close enough for my story here, and three days later came in and deal was done in 35-40 min.
Sounds like a big deal to me because I have sat through hours and HOURS of crap and Hahm motorsports on 4 other purchases since May 06.
Anyway just leting you know where I got my best price in SO Ca so far and the best part is the service is great there according to Buena park Police Dept and others i have talked to. More than fair service rates too!

Old 11-18-2006, 11:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

www.traxmotorsports.com

They will beat any price. I paid 594 for my tires and rims with decorative caps, valve stems, and lugs, mounted and delivered to my door

Old 11-18-2006, 07:20 PM
Trailblazer

traxmotorsports.com is where I ordered mine from also. Just checked the UPS website, they are scheduled to be delivered on 11/20, not bad considering I ordered them on 11/16 at around 330 in the afternoon. That is with centers and lugs. Can't wait to try them out.

Old 11-19-2006, 09:58 AM
Range Rover

tHAT'S A trip! I orderd my lugs around 3:30 on the 16 and mine also according to UPS will be here on the 19th.
Yeah so I see I payed a little more than most but I didn't shop to much and I beed to put them on my Funancing card anyway. I need to start paying off some of this stuff and quit ordering so much LOL, Just goes to show you the flesh is never satisfied. MORE MORE...MINE MINE MINE!!
Well I need to go now but will update a few pics maybe before I load up for Hungry Valley for Thanksgiving.
We are off to the Kawasaki building in Irvine , Ca so most of our family and myself can do the ATV training course.
I like the idea of being paid to ride, They give you a check for 100.00 to complete the course and besides now the Rangers and Police where we ride wont ticket us for having our youngsters riding to many CC's
Take care everyone and May God Bless you and yours this holiday season. Calvin

I WANNA RIDE!

Old 11-22-2006, 04:08 PM
Trailblazer

Well I got them all put on and man, what a difference. The bike is alot more stable on off-cambers and it corners alot better, im sure that is due to the new rims. These swamplites make the stock tires seem like pancakes. They are pretty stiff, i didnt notice them rolling off the rim like the stock tires do. I cant wait to get out this weekend and really put them to the test. I will keep ya updated.

Old 11-22-2006, 04:18 PM
Trailblazer

Formula1,

I received my swamp lites and wheels yesterday 11/21/06. I had class at 5:30 and got home from work at 3:30. I had the old set off, and the new set on in 30 minutes, and got a short test ride in. The 27's look great on my quad, and are very aggressive looking. The tread is 1.25 inches deep. My old tires were .5 inches. Big difference. My brother-in-law and I are goinf riding tomorrow after turkey. I plan to take it slow to get used to the new feel. So far I am pretty jazzed!